The Two Stroke Returns

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read that this is fake news thats showed up in many places but man I'd love a chance to take a modern CR500 for a ride. I can't figure out why the Asain manufactures are letting KTM, BETA, Husky corner the two stroke and modern enduro market.

Haha...79 horses and 73 mph top speed? My KTM doesn't make that kind of power and is good for nearly 100mph. Shit, I've never seen it because it would probably scare me, but can you imagine what a dirt bike with a twitchy 2-stroke powerband and 79 BHP will do to a rider? That thing will be good for tricks at the track, because it will do standing backflips. Haha...

Sorry, looks fake to me. If you want a kickass 2-stroke, KTM makes a 300XCW with interchangable powerband springs. Most people I know or have seen have a very hard time running those things balls out with the red spring installed. I promise, that will two-stroke you to your heart's content!

Not real, unfortunately. I have no idea what motivates people to create such "news" stories. "Click-bait" perhaps - to get a high page view count so they can charge advertisers a premium?

You may be correct Ross, I got the link from one of the previously reputable online MC Mags that sends me an e-mail once a week. Motorcycle.com or something like that. This article https://www.dirtrider.com/honda-building-efi-controlled-direct-injected-two-stroke provides a more cogent analysis of the situation and though Honda has apparently applied for some patents on technology, this seems to fall into the B.S. category.