This Forum is SO DAMN COOL--Thanks to All of You

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
OK, I don't know if this topic is really FJR Specific, but it's FJR Forum-Specific, so this looked like the best place to put what I wanted to say. Been on here about a year, and I've learned an amazing amount of FJR lore, I've met some very cool people and ridden with them, benefited from their expertise, generosity, and experience, had some terrific rides down previously-unknown roads, and made some darn good friends. I've also benefited from their sobering influence in, for example, the ATGATT principle, since I didn't formerly live a fulltime ATGATT life, but pretty much do now. I've never seen anybody on one of our group rides who wasn't fully geared up, and that good influence has impacted me.

Last week some scruffy guy came up to me as I left Costco and was getting on my gear, thought he was going to ask me for spare change, but he asked me if I was on the Forum. Turned out to be Cigar Guy--Ed, and we had a nice talk, and I had the pleasure of meeting his lovely wife and daughter. Today I was taking a ride just because I could, passed a shiny new black '08 on I-80, we ended up pulling over and talking, and had a great ride up and down 49 all afternoon. One FJRChris. Good guys all, good forum, good bike. Life is good.

.................and when we get done all jerking each other off........we can have a group hug......naked, of course...according to bustanuts' wishes.

I agree, this forum rocks! There's nothing I won't try mechanic wise on the FJR. Armed with my laptop with the forum up on the screen I will perform any task out before me. Including the upcoming valve adjustment. It'll probably be a bit of a bitch, and I'm sure I will be buying a tool or three, but at least I know some wrench monkey at a dealer who has never done it before either, and doesn't have any personal interest in it, won't be screwing up my feejer! Thanks Ignatio, and Warchild! You guys are my idols!

Insert ball suck sound here. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
.... Life is good.
Mike, you've been a bit loopy ever since you hit that big-assed rock in the road. But your sentiments are touching. In that vein, at our next group ride, I'm gonna have HYCLE give you a long hug you'll not soon forget. Even though you'll try. :lol:
:nea: :unknw: ...I say temporary euphoria. It will pass....them comes the spaciness for a couple of days.....Or perhaps Mike is already at that stage and this thought is the result of that condition..... :wacko: :dribble:

[SIZE=8pt]Seriously, Mike, "You meet the best people on an FJR!" While the bike itself is wonderful, the people one meets and the journeys shared has been a major part of my FJR experience, too. Welcome to "the collective".[/SIZE] :yahoo:

Well.... here I sit.. naked, waiting for the hug to happen. Damn it's cold in here!

Seriously, The folks I've met personally from the forum so far have been great. Even odot :blink:

:jester:

.... Life is good.
Mike, you've been a bit loopy ever since you hit that big-assed rock in the road. But your sentiments are touching. In that vein, at our next group ride, I'm gonna have HYCLE give you a long hug you'll not soon forget. Even though you'll try. :lol:
Thanks Old Michael, but you have to let me go, it's over, move on, even though I am

".

I've met some great folks through the forum, and some real pricks, whose names are all Mike oddly enough. In fact, they're all in this thread. Go figure. :blink:

But seriously... OK, never mind. I can't be serious. :no: So Cigar guy looks like a homeless person, eh? And someone's actually seen ODOT? I haven't. Expect to meet him at NAFO. But here's what I imagine he looks like:

deliverance.JPG

Here's Odot's pic:

:aarock:

Except he usually has sunglasses on.

I've met some great folks through the forum, and some real pricks, whose names are all Mike oddly enough. In fact, they're all in this thread. Go figure. :blink:
But seriously... OK, never mind. I can't be serious. :no: So Cigar guy looks like a homeless person, eh?
Actually, that last thing was a typo. I meant to say I looked like a homeless person and I thought he was going to OFFER me some spare change. And unfortunately, I'm afraid you're right about Mad and Old. Those guys . . . sheesh.

Here's Odot's pic:
:aarock:

Except he usually has sunglasses on.
I was going to suggest this one: :red_bandana:

But Barry beat me to the punch with this "Fuzzy Balls" picture:

385.jpg

And, JB, as with others on the forum, he's nicer than he looks or types.

ya gots a prob with me typing? Ok....another jihad goin in on kali..........fricken commie fucks...........