Throttlemeister......... regular or heavy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VistaCruise.jpg

That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Have a Throttlemeister (all $125 of it) on my Kawasaki. Can't say that I hate it, but I sure don't LIKE it, and the Vista Cruise just plain works, not to mention being $110 cheaper. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the heavy version on mine. I hate to say this, but I agree with Howie!

I don't hate it, but if I had it to do over, I'd pick a different throttle lock.

It sure looks good tho!

I don't hate it, but if I had it to do over, I'd pick a different throttle lock.

It sure looks good tho!
I agree with Howie translated: "God, I'm screwed now!"

It sure looks good tho!
I agree with Howie translated: "God, I'm screwed now!"
Yep! That's about right. The lightning strike will arrive shortly. :lol:

My Vista Cruise was damaged during transport of the bike. Decided to try the Throttlemeister heavy. Its there and it works but I just got another Vista Cruise unit to replace them with.

Jake

what's the opinion? Heavy or regular?

i have the heavy. Looks nice, dampens vibrations. I am surprised to read others do not care for this item so much. I had a Vista cruise and thought of it as a necessary evil. The Throttle meister must installed to the letter of the instructions to really work properly I found but once installed it's flawless. Personally, I keep it on all the time except in stop and go in the city.

I have the regular size. The difference in weight between the regular and heavy isn't enough to make any difference IMO. I think the regular looks better. It works and looks good but, I'm sure there are throttle locks out there that would be much easier to use. A lot of money for what it is. I had a vista cruise and the throttle would back off. It wasn't strong enough to hold it. Don't have that problem with the Throttlemeister.

I uses to have a Vista Cruise, but had to go to a Throttle Meister when I installed my heated grips. I got the black, milled regular ones. They're pretty, but as far as I can tell, don't do anything for vibration. It works well, but not as well as my $20 Vista Cruise. If I could, I'd change back in a second.

Way overpriced for what it is, but I got a smoking deal through a connection, so it didn't sting quite so bad.

I got the regular, I thought the heavy would stick out a little far and not look as good. The regular works fine for me, it took a few minutes to adjust it during installation but I've had no problems with mine

Heavy! I gots 'em, love 'em. That's coming off my old Salamanders, those is HUGE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heavy. I mean why not use all the weight you can while doing it the first time. I like mine for sure but as to effectiveness I have no clue. Never road it without them. Put them on a 0 miles. I got the black and silver milled ones.

I have the heavy also.never had anything else so I cant compare.it does what its suppose to do but I have never been thrilled with it.I could take it or leave it.If you can experiment with the vista cruise for a shit load less and peeps seem to like it ok I'd do that.jmho

I'd be interested to hear why people choose Vista Cruise or Throttemister? What are the pros and con's to both?

I'd be interested to hear why people choose Vista Cruise or Throttemister? What are the pros and con's to both?
I've got both...VC on my FJR, TM on my ZRX.

Took the VC off my ZRX and put it on the FJR when I got it and bought a TM for the Kawasaki, because the TM is the shiznit in the looks department, but if I was to do it all over again, I'd have bought another VC.

The VC doesn't look nearly as nice as the TM, but it works much better. I have my VC mounted so it "floats", i.e., when it's locked down, the rpms won't decrease, but I can increase the rpms just by twisting the throttle, which then returns the where I had set it previously. Works more like a true cruise control in that fashion, as I can accelerate to pass someone, release the throttle and the bike return to my preset speed after the pass is concluded.

The TM doesn't "set" nearly as easily as the VC. It's not hard, mind you, just not as simple as the VC.

Plus, the TM costs 6 times what the VC did.