Tint on Demand Visor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerk9

Reaction score
ALCON,

This looks to have great applications:

And, I know that I have posted this before, but here is the link to the company:

Akuma Website

Additionally, the helmets have LED lights in the rear for visibility increase and one in the front to act as a flashlight. I will be purchasing one of these when they debut in July.

Ride safe!

Rex

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex;

That's some pretty wild visor, I like it. The helmets have a nice shape to them.

It didn't look like the visors were available yet. The LEDs are a nice safety feature, it'd be nice to have some higher visibilty colors too.

Thanks for the post.

Rex;That's some pretty wild visor, I like it. The helmets have a nice shape to them.

It didn't look like the visors were available yet. The LEDs are a nice safety feature, it'd be nice to have some higher visibilty colors too.

Thanks for the post.
Bluesman,

Check out the company website, they actually have some higher visibility designs which are "louder" and more high profile. The TOD Visor is supposed to debut in July 08.

Reading the reviews....they are all really good on the helmet...light weight (kevlar, titanium, and something else), easy to use, ventilation, etc... The only negative comment they had was that they had higher than average noise levels. Ear plugs were recommended.

Your welcome for the post.

Rex

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered an Akuma Doragon nearly 1 1/2 months ago. Still waiting! :angry2:
Send them an E-mail, I had a question about one of their helmets and they replied w/in 2 days. I'm not even a customer yet and they replied quickly, both times. Pretty good if you ask me.

Clever technology. I fitted some glass like this 10 years ago down the side of a swimming pool that overlooked a golf course. There was only one company offering it at the time based in France. Their rep traveled out to see the site and the glass was £700 per square metre. Hope the visors are cheaper!

The change between 'clear' and tinted is too slow IMHO. I've used some LCG whose action between transparent and translucent is virtually instant, wonder if this technology will ever be that good.