To all our Law enforcement officers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the thought. Unfortunately, I don't know if this year's numbers are any different than the last few. I do know that the last 3 have seen a huge uptick in people just randomly shooting cops.

I have lots of opinions, and I have the cure for this BS, but none of it is appropriate here. Haha...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can make an appropriate comment. Any person or group that publicly threatens our law enforcement officers has to be rounded up and jailed. To Zilla and all other officers, thank you for what you do.

We also just had a trooper get shot while on a extra construction shift. Meaning all he was doing was sitting in a construction zone with his overhead lights on, getting people to slow down. He took three rounds, vest caught two, the other went into his rear end. Was on the local news, but not national. Wonder how many of these are happening and do not make the national news so most do not know about them.

Most of them don't. For the most part, shooting a cop is no big deal. Here in Albuquerque, hitting one of us in the face gets treated as "part of the job," and juries very seldom convict for it unless we are actually hurt, as in trip to the hospital hurt. That's ok, older cops like me don't get hit very often without making sure the bad guy's desire to ever do that again is GREATLY reduced.

Our problem now lies in our liberal courts that refuse to hand out valid consequences. Nothing else is taken seriously, why should shooting a cop be serious? Hell, NM got rid of the death penalty under that piece of shit, Bill Richardson, so Michael Astorga is doing a life term for killing my friend. I'd love a good half hour with that motherfucker, but this crybaby society, run by losers without jobs and sucking the government tit would never approve of that.

We're not the only ones. Look at the level of property crime where you live. Anyone NOT know someone that hasn't had their shit broken into and stolen? Its an epidemic, but judges, who live in gated communities, don't think property crimes deserve harsh punishment. However, take a look around. Except for the rare total psycho, most criminals start their careers as thieves. After going long enough without any actual consequences, these people get more and more bold. They run into an armed home owner or two and pretty soon, now our property crime guy is robbing people and killing to get away. It's basically the evolution of a shithead, and it is fueled by cheaper and more addictive illicit drugs.

We have a couple stores in and around Albuquerque that were getting hit constantly. One owner got sick of it and armed himslef. Two or three years ago, two jackasses robbed him. He unloaded his pistol into their car, killing one and seriously wounding the other. Guess how many times he's been robbed or harassed since. Same thing happened with a smoke shop owner. He got tired of being robbed and smoked the next jackass that waved a gun at him. That was three years ago, and he doesn't even have shoplifters anymore. Last year, a guy robbed a family member's Dairy Queen. Pointed a gun at the owner, the owner's sister and their 18 year old employee. That asshole's mom cried on the news that her poor baby was changing his life, and didn't deserve to die in the middle of Isleta with 8 or 9 bullets in him. Well, fuck her...That Dairy Queen hasn't had to call us back, and they used to call 2-3 times a week.

This will continue until society takes a stance. We are being overrun by a small but loud minority. Most people are very sick of our current crime spree, but they don't have time to protest because they have jobs, unlike the other side.

Whatever. I use caution, but I don't walk around scared. I train and I demand that my people know going home is our first priority. A few of these incidents have sadly been because of bad officer safety or tactics. We have to get past this idea we got about 8-15 years ago that people are afraid to target cops. They aren't. We'll learn.

^^^^ + 10

Every time I see a cop on or off duty, I let them know I appreciate them. All that I usually say is "Make sure you 10-42 safely tonight" They usually figure it out and say 10-4 back. Some ask questions and I can officially thank them.

I agree, there is little respect or healthy fear out there now because of the dirt ball mentality. It is a tough/thankless job with huge personal sacrifices. I echo what others have said in gratitude!!

older cops like me don't get hit very often without making sure the bad guy's desire to ever do that again is GREATLY reduced.

Would you care to elaborate on that point?

No wonder Beemerdon has had such an extensive recuperation.

^^^^ + 10
Every time I see a cop on or off duty, I let them know I appreciate them. All that I usually say is "Make sure you 10-42 safely tonight" They usually figure it out and say 10-4 back. Some ask questions and I can officially thank them.

I agree, there is little respect or healthy fear out there now because of the dirt ball mentality. It is a tough/thankless job with huge personal sacrifices. I echo what others have said in gratitude!!
^^^^^ +100, Gunny; well said Cav47, I also always appreciate the sacrifices our LEO make for our safety! JSNS, Job Well Done AJ!

Cop's Lives Matter, Scumbags, not so much!

No matter what color they are.

Some basic rules of gun fights:

Whoever shoots first normally wins.

Whoever shoots the most normaly wins.

Aim center mass, but shoot no matter what. People seldom return fire when rounds are passing by closely or are hitting them in any part of the body.

I think the officer handled the situation well. Maybe should have reloaded before approaching. And, where were the rounds from the other officer? Didn't see any but maybe they were there.

The only mistake I saw them make was not cuffing him in the restroom before they took him out.
Exactly what I was thinking as I watched. I even thought it was a staged situation, perhaps for training purposes. If, bob forbid, I were to be placed in a situation requiring me to apprehend a suspect, the very first thing would be to ensure my safety, so I'd take whatever steps necessary to do so, up to and including immobilizing and searching the suspect for weapons.

^^^^ + 10

^^^^^ +100, Gunny; well said Cav47, I also always appreciate the sacrifices our LEO make for our safety! JSNS, Job Well Done AJ!
Living out in the sticks, I don't have much opportunity to converse with LEOs. On the rare occasion that I do, I've noticed they seem to be a little surprised that someone takes the time to simply socialize with a friendly greeting or sign of appreciation. So sad.

The Navy was the only small arms training I've ever had. They taught me only three things, but I have not forgotten them in almost 40 years:

1) if you un-holster your weapon, you'd better fire -- because the other guy will see your actions and he damn sure will fire.

2) if you are going to fire, shoot to kill -- because there's no way you're going shoot his gun out of his hand, or put a round into his leg or shoulder.

3) front sight, center mass, and squeeze.

Thank God I am in not in a firearm-carrying line of work. I feel for you guys that are.