Top Heavy - Relocate Battery?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I relocated my stock battery underneath the seat. It fits perfect horizontally in the front compartment. I moved it back to the stock location later because I wanted the storage space back and I think the bike felt better balanced with the battery back up front... I know, weird right?

Either way, it's easily doable if you're good with running some wires around.
The ES has a control box in the bottom of that storage location. Not sure a stock battery would fit.
Why did you move it in the first place? A handling experiment as suggest by the OP?
I actually was installing some 55w HIDs with big ballasts so I used that spot for those as well as try the battery lower. I went back to halogens and put the battery back up there.
Did you notice ANY affect on handling at all?

I actually thought the bike felt better balanced with the battery in the factory spot, perhaps it balances out the coolant tank or something else. It did wheelie easier with it under seat. The handling was a little lighter but there was something about it that I thought it felt better when I put the battery back in the crazy factory spot.

I actually thought the bike felt better balanced with the battery in the factory spot, perhaps it balances out the coolant tank or something else. It did wheelie easier with it under seat. The handling was a little lighter but there was something about it that I thought it felt better when I put the battery back in the crazy factory spot.
Thanks for posting.
biggrin.png