Toronto Owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRottie

Independent
Reaction score
I see more and more FJR owners from TO.

Is there a reputable dealer in the GTA that everyone is going to? (Snow City or Cycle World maybe)

What say you?

Sorry Moosehead but I don't have the same impression of Kelly's. I wouldn't go into the details as to why I'm pissed at them but suffice to say when it was time to buy my 06 FJR I went to Cycle City in Burlington even though Kelly's is 2 minutes from my house. I don't even buy parts there anymore.

While Cycle City isn't special in any way but they did give me a good price on the bike the sales staff are OK and they came through with a quick delivery. Service is marginal but I haven't yet found a dealer that is exceptional. Hoping it wouldn't need to see the dealer for some time yet.

Sorry to hear that. I have never dealt with them but I do know of a friend that has bought two FJR from them. I find once you have found a good place to deal with you keep going back. If they p*** you off you go looking for someone better.

I bought my bike at Hully Gully in London but it will never be back there again. There service s**ks big time.

My bike goes to a small shop that has no new bikes to sell but the service and parts are good. You can work on your own bike in the shop with there tools, you can watch him work on your bike or leave it there and pick it back up when it is done. I have done all three at one time or another.

Hey, where did all you GTA boys go? I know your not riding!

Did nobody have a good experience at a dealer in TO.

Is Hamilton close enough? I bought mine at Kelly's Cycle and the price and service have been excellent.
That is good to know. I still have family in Ancaster and since I live near Brighton (East of TO), Hamilton is on the way.

Cycle World is still crap.....couldn't tell you about George (Snow City), & CycleCity in Burlington has been sold by Jim to A gentleman named Ira....who is trying to upgrade all sides of the business, though Jim's son is still there as a sales rep....Tom is still the best wrench there & is FJR savvy....

I once bought from Cycle World in Toronto and wasn't impressed at all. I had them add a few farkles before I picked up the bike. When I got home I realised they had had to remove stock parts to install my new ones. I called them to get them to return the parts but they claimed they no longer had them. I couldn't be bothered to fight with them over it but it would have been a few hundred worth of parts. Also the day I picked up the bike and wrote the cheque the business guy acted like he was doing me a favour for selling the bike at that price. I told him he was welcome to give me back the cheque and keep the bike. They wouldn't sell it if it wasn't profitable. I hate it when salesmen act like they are doing you a favour.

gypsy

Last edited by a moderator:
Tks Mike, I will keep Cycle City in mind.

I will be monitoring mine this year for tick tock. It was sounding different when I stored it a couple months ago....maybe it was just complaining because I leave town a lot.

Good to know I could bring it to Tom, if required.

I live about five minutes from Cycle City in Burlington and have dealt with them for my '04 FJR and

other bike and find John in service and Bryan in parts to be good. My only reservation with the 7000

km check was that none of the pivot points were serviced so naturally I have to wonder what

else might not have been done on their 26 point inspection checklist. Had TPS replaced there and

it works great.

For all it's worth I bought my '03 from HB Cycle in Lindsay. I get treated pretty good there but, I've been going there for 18 yrs. I would recommend them.

Been pretty Happy with Cycle World West for last 2 bikes new and service. Greg the sales guys rides an FJR.

There used to be another dealer on Dundas very near CycleWorld that wasn't too bad, is it still there?

+2 on Cycle City in Burlington, at least it was pretty good when I was last there a few years ago. How is McBride's these days?

There used to be another dealer on Dundas very near CycleWorld that wasn't too bad, is it still there?
+2 on Cycle City in Burlington, at least it was pretty good when I was last there a few years ago. How is McBride's these days?
McBrides per say is gone....mother & daughter ganged up on John (the son) & threw him out...then put on a fire sale & closed the place,....they are now in the midst of putting up condo's on the property for the dough....John has since opened up his own aftermarket shop in the GTA....so now there's no Truimph dealer in TO....gotta go to Hamilton for that now....

Hamilton for Triumphs...so...? Don't tell me you have one of those Mike. I mean, I might expect that of BugR, favour for the mother country and all...but you? Well, you do ride one of those slow silver feejers, so maybe... :D

Hamilton for Triumphs...so...? Don't tell me you have one of those Mike. I mean, I might expect that of BugR, favour for the mother country and all...but you? Well, you do ride one of those slow silver feejers, so maybe... :D
Sorry Dwavey....my hooligan ride is my old European 83 CB1100F with HRC motor....135 hp @ the rear wheel with a hinge in the middle :lol: ....kids just don't understand how a flexi flyer can be so fast @ a track day, let alone on the street....but it is fun.... :grin: ....