battery access

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, gang! New to FJR world and looking at a pdf of the owners' manual for my '06 so I can charge the battery. It says the battery is under PANEL D.

It appears as tho PANEL D, under / in front of the left handlebar, must be removed to access the battery. BUT in order to remove PANEL D, Panels B and C must be removed, and in order to remove Panels B and C, Panel A must be removed. Sound right ???

TIA and ride safe!

Two button head Allen screws plus a plastic pin rivet secures the right hand panel that covers the battery. (Horizontal panel, not the vertical one) Nothing else has to be removed. The rivet is on the side of the panel by the forks.

Edit: Photo of panel with screws highlighted.
You can feel for the reusable plastic rivet. I use a small Allen wrench to depress the center pin and pop the rivet out from behind. Easier to access rivet if you turn the bars...

1695223095226.png

Last edited:
Also, on the '06, there is a bit of twisting to get the tab on panel D out from underneath the other panel. When you put it back on, make sure that the panel that holds the clip nut is the lower most of the three panels. I think the tab for panel D is the one in the middle of the sandwich. It's tight in there.