Torque Specs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dang

Reaction score
I am going to change the oil in my forks this weekend and cannot find the torque specs for the various bolts involved in this. If anyone has these for the 2005 model I would appreciate it. I have the info for the wheel removal and the stearing head bolt, just not the others. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.fjrtech.com/

1.) If you click on "maintenance" there should be a thread on removing the front wheel which will give you the torque specs for the loser part of the forks.

2.) The post on "fluid change" does not give the torque specs because of the differences between Gen I and Gen II.

The following are Ft. lbs.:

Upper bracket pinch bolt...22

Lower bracket pinch bolt...17

Front fork cap bolt and inner tube...18

Front fork cap bolt and nut...18

Front fork damper rod assembly bolt...25

Handlebar and upper bracket...17

Steering stem nut///85

Lower ring nut (steering stem)...13

If you are going to do this type of work on your bike, for goodness sakes, buy a service manual. :huh:

https://www.fjrtech.com/
1.) If you click on "maintenance" there should be a thread on removing the front wheel which will give you the torque specs for the loser part of the forks.

2.) The post on "fluid change" does not give the torque specs because of the differences between Gen I and Gen II.

The following are Ft. lbs.:

Upper bracket pinch bolt...22

Lower bracket pinch bolt...17

Front fork cap bolt and inner tube...18

Front fork cap bolt and nut...18

Front fork damper rod assembly bolt...25

Handlebar and upper bracket...17

Steering stem nut///85

Lower ring nut (steering stem)...13

If you are going to do this type of work on your bike, for goodness sakes, buy a service manual. :huh:
I have a manual on my "Christmas list" but the weather looked crappy this weekend so I wanted to get this done now. Thanks for the information.

I got it done and found that one side was considerably dirtier that the other. What would cause the two to be so much different? The fluid levels in each were pretty close.

Were the compression and rebound set the same? It "might" be possible that one was working a little more than the other. Or maybe that's why the oil needs to be changed..... :unsure: