Traxxion Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry33319

Reaction score
I finally took a 300 mile ride with my AK-20 kit and Penske rear shock installed. I now fully understand why people purchase this setup. The roads seem smoother and my FJR corners like it is on rails. The way the suspension sets in a turn makes me feel like I could lean the bike over enough to scrape my helmet, much less the pegs. My only regret is that I did not do this sooner. With this installation and the PAIRS mod, PCV, and throttle body sync in the past 6 weeks or so, I feel like I have a brand new bike. Traxxion definitely rocks. Lee hit the setup for me perfectly.

I've been riding that set-up all summer. I didn't realize how good it really was until I put a new set of PR-3's on. Last weekend I come up 598 from Bluefield WV to Rocky Gap VA. A really great road if you have never ridden. The bike really feels great, love this set up.

Curious, where did you end up with the shock preload and damping settings? I went with the Penske shock (850 lb spring for almost exclusive 2-up riding) and with a fork spring upgrade in front. I got bass-ackwards on my shock rebound settings (way too much rebound) but Lee talked me through it and I feel like the bike is much more stable. Prior to the upgrades it would be wonky all the time as I tend to give it some pretty sharp inputs. The GF would agree I need to be smoother.

Tom