Trip to Nova Scotia, Canada 2007 (May-June

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey trimmantom,

We got the portable chairs at EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) manufactured by Trail-Sling, Ultralight.

The last part, part 4, coming soon.

Pictures like you post are great. Having a motorcycle in the pictures is IMO the best way to show a trip. Thanks for making me want to ride NS.

OK, this is part 4 (last part) of our adventure to Nova Scotia.

About half way around the Cabot Trail, we stopped at this walking trail (for a little exercise) called Skyline Trail. We would recommend this to anyone that gets up there...as you'll see. You should plan to spend 2-3 hours for this walk.

OK, here we go.

Iris took this photo of me walking along the Skyline Trail.

1834831802_dec0480afa_b.jpg

We saw a half a dozen cow moose and a few calves. Here is one of the cows...about ten feet away.

1833996869_e200b7963b_b.jpg

Along the Skyline trail, you can see the Cabot Tail highway.

1834835932_4f8db77a0f_b.jpg

Once you get to the end of the Skyline Trail, it opens up and you can see were heaven meets earth. Iris takes a break to smell the roses....err in this case, the salt air. Priceless! :yahoo:

1834012481_97ead319f2_b.jpg

There are several platforms, with benches, at the end of the walk (good thing). Spectacular view.

1834016689_f60236e613_b.jpg

A view of the Cabot trail from the Skyline.

1815527664_a6960a4635_b.jpg

Back on the Cabot trail, a view of the road ahead. :)

1834855218_e62dc9a349_b.jpg

The next day we stopped at Cape George Lighthouse. As you can see, the weather changed. It was very windy and Iris didn't want to get off her bike for fear the wind would tip it over. Needless to say, we didn't stay there long.

1834763532_7d5ecfd38d_b.jpg

OK, back in Maine, we stopped at Bar Harbor for the night.

1833937813_ea8d1151da_b.jpg

Iris.....lets get something to eat, get your credit card.

1833942677_8cfce733b4_b.jpg

OK, this is the last picture. I added it because I thought it was cool. Note the "Cat" (ferry from Nova Scotia to Bar Harbor) in the fog.

1833947569_e7232c28c1_b.jpg

That's it. Hope you enjoyed.

Wow, Gorgeous pictures, thanks for posting!

My wife & I are planning to go to the Mountains of N.H. next July. Your pics have nearly convinced us to extend the trip into N.S.

Looks a lot like the trip my wife and I took this summer, I think we hit the same places. What a great trip! 'Course we did it with one bike, which has me seriously considering a trailer for NAFO.

Jim and Iris, great job with documenting what looks like an awesome trip. We had planned to make this same tour last summer, but, you know... life got in the way. Your great pictures will provide us some additional motivation to get there.

Thanks.

Hope you liked.

ZOOOMM :)

Oh my gosh,

I was born and raised in Maine...your pictures make me a bit homesick. It is easy to forget how much beauty there is to be found along the Northeast Coast. Perhaps one day Imp and I will make our way north on the FJR's....

Thanks for sharing!

Joy

Jim & Iris

WOW GREAT pics. You two really know how to go on vacation. I would love to do a ride like that someday, I just need to buy another FJR and talk my girlfriend into going. :D

Art

Looks like an advertisement for next years' CFR! :)
Yea....I must say, there are some spectacular views in Nova Scotia. If you follow the Seacoast trails (there are 7, Glooscap Trail, Sunrise Trail, Evangeline Trail, Lighthouse Trail, Cape Breton Island, Marine Trail & Halifax/Dartmouth) as we did, you will see hundreds of miles of coastline.

We are planning to go to the West coast (of the US) this July.....really looking forward to that.

Looks like an advertisement for next years' CFR! :)
Yea....I must say, there are some spectacular views in Nova Scotia. If you follow the Seacoast trails (there are 7, Glooscap Trail, Sunrise Trail, Evangeline Trail, Lighthouse Trail, Cape Breton Island, Marine Trail & Halifax/Dartmouth) as we did, you will see hundreds of miles of coastline.

We are planning to go to the West coast (of the US) this July.....really looking forward to that.
Jim,

I imagine you'll be stopping in Golden, CO then?

When I talked to you two at Lake George you had already made this trip. Now I get to see the photo's and I can see why you said you had such a great time. Great pictures and story. Thanks for sharing. Now I have another place I have to go see.

Regards

Mac

I imagine you'll be stopping in Golden, CO then?
Hey Fred........Golden, CO??? We're planning to take I80 across that area above Colorado, which bearly touches CO..

What Wheaton said:

"July 24-27 - NAFO is in Golden, CO "
Yeah....that dawned on me after I hit the reply button. Unfortunately, we will be out that way in the early part of July...4th thru the 19th.

Mac, I'm glad to heard that you have Nova Scotia on your vacation radar. :clapping:

Latest posts