Trip Woes And Ticket Ouch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a radar detector for the past 15 years. I don't drive wrecklessly or speed very much at all. The radar detector is a great reminder, especially on the FJR, to check your speed when in range of John Q. Law. I don't care how careful you intend to be, with this bike you will unintentionally slip past the speed limit. The radar detector is a very nice back-up, even for the speed and safety good doers out there.

You can use the detector in any number of different ways. Just because you have one does not mean you are habitual speeder. I recommend the Valentine One as it is super sensitive and has the "arrows" and "bogy counter" features that once you use is very hard to live without. B)

Audiovox cruise controle....It will watch your speed for you and is a lot cheeper than a quality radar detector.

Also drive with the shield down. The extra airflow will give you more of a sensation of speed. :cownoy: