Triumph Tiger & Ducati 1199

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
I went into the Big Smoke (Toronto) yesterday for a meeting of the Ontario Federation of Trail Riders that was being held downtown at the Convention Center. I only had an hour left after the meeting so I did not get to see much of the show but here are two bikes that caught my eye...

A fully farkled Turnip Triumph Tiger 800 from Twisted Throttle...

IMG0702-L.jpg

I believe I would like it if I were allowed to test this bike next summer on a ride up the Dawson City, Yukon and then up the Dempster Hwy to Invavik, NWT. I would be even willing to wash it before I gave it back to them.

The other was an Arrest Me Red Ducati 1199...

IMG0700-L.jpg

Sorry for the colour distortion since I took these photos with my iPhone under available lighting. I was not even planning on going into the show originally. After the meeting we decided to go to the bar which was inside the show. I didn't really want to pay to go into the show just to have a beer so I just wore my name badge from the OFTR meeting that sort of looked like an exhibitor's badge from the show and walked in with some of the folks from the meeting that actually had exhibitor's passes.

We had two very fine Muskoka Dark Ales that someone else picked up the tab for. OFTR picked up the tab for lunch. It was a good day.

I also think I bought a parking spot in the Convention Center Underground Garage since I cost me $25 to park for the day.

At that price I had better have bought it!! :angry: Actually the Lousy Leafs were playing next door at the ACC so I got stuck with Day Parking up till 6 PM plus the event parking fee for the stupid Leafs game. BASTARDS!!!

That's why the International Motorcycle Show up by the airport is so much better ........ free parking and I can get into the show for free. There is over 3 times as many exhibitors so there will actually be something to see. I will be working the OFTR booth so we will have free food in the trailer.

Stop calling me cheap, I'm on a fixed income!! :p

IMG0702-L.jpg
I think that's the same bike we saw at the Sport Bike Rally in Parry Sound. It made my pant tingly. When it comes time to replace the Feej, it's high up on the list.

Most likely see you at the show at the International Center. I feel the need to shuffle along in a big crowd of pirates.

I don't know about adventure bikes, but doesn't it look like that Tiger front tire is mounted backwards?

I am looking forward to seeing the new Tiger 1200 in the flesh this summer. Sounds very lust worthy.

I don't know about adventure bikes, but doesn't it look like that Tiger front tire is mounted backwards?
I believe the tire is correctly mounted otherwise the lugs would plug with mud in a wet dirt road or off-road situation.

(edited to save bandwidth)
I think that's the same bike we saw at the Sport Bike Rally in Parry Sound. It made my pant tingly. When it comes time to replace the Feej, it's high up on the list.

Most likely see you at the show at the International Center. I feel the need to shuffle along in a big crowd of pirates.
It is the same bike as the one we saw in Parry Sound but they added on a few new farkles like a hydration system and a soft bag on top of the left pannier (doesn't show in the photo). I believe all the pirates in Ontario will some out of their caves for the show at the International Center.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw the 1199 at the Long Beach, CA IMC show, I was not impressed with it, but it may grow on me.

I love Duc's but the 999's are just plain ugly to me, the 1199 may be in that category for me. I believe the 916 thru 1098's (excluding 999's) are the best body styles etc. I don't like the shock set up, I do like the exhaust for CG, but it needs help. Other things bug me form a style stand point.

I'll give credit to Ducati for totally rengineering the bike every 4-6 years. Better than I can say for most Japanese bikes... :glare:

Ducati had dancers out and all sorts of BS, like they need hot babes and dudes jumping somersaults to sell Duc's, spare me. But the place was absolutely jammed with people, you couldn't even move around at the Ducati venue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw the 1199 at the Long Beach, CA IMC show, I was not impressed with it, but it may grow on me.

I love Duc's but the 999's are just plain ugly to me, the 1199 may be in that category for me. I believe the 916 thru 1098's (excluding 999's) are the best body styles etc. I don't like the shock set up, I do like the exhaust for CG, but it needs help. Other things bug me form a style stand point.

I'll give credit to Ducati for totally rengineering the bike every 4-6 years. Better than I can say for most Japanese bikes... :glare:

Ducati had dancers out and all sorts of BS, like they need hot babes and dudes jumping somersaults to sell Duc's, spare me. But the place was absolutely jammed with people, you couldn't even move around at the Ducati venue.

Come on you can't say this isn't beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiIcqZoQQwg

And as for the technology well

I was at the bike show too and it is just as beautiful in the flesh

^^^Well when you put it that way, it is beautiful in many ways, and also ugly in some ways. Believe me, I love Italian bikes! :yahoo:

I have no doubt this bike performs like a dream and is a seductive machine for anyone that rides her. I'm just sayin'....

I saw the Aprilia RSV4 APRC that was gorgeous, what an ass on that bike (minus the turn signal assy). ;)

2011_Aprilia_RSV4_FactoryAPRCSE.jpg