Trunk Mounting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockwells

Reaction score
Thanks to HYCYCLE, I found out that the clown I bought my FJR from didn't properly install the mounting shelf on my bike. He left out the two bolts that go down into the frame. Good thing I havn't used it yet. Tried looking at the parts cataloug, to no avail. Any ideas as to where I could get those bolts?

Contact Mike Kolstad at University Motors in Fargo, ND. His email address is: [email protected]

If you search University Motors you can find their phone number on the forum as well. Explain what you looking for and he will help you out. Mention that you found them through the forum!! :D

Good Luck,

JW

Try Premier cycle accessories they are in Ohio ph: 1-440-352-2413 I believe the bolts are 8mm and 90 mm long and should be stainless steel or check there web site

Try Premier cycle accessories they are in Ohio ph: 1-440-352-2413 I believe the bolts are 8mm and 90 mm long and should be stainless steel or check there web site
Hey Rockwell, I think they may come in the upgrade/recall kit as well. I go in on Thursday to get mine done at Vacaville Yamaha and will let you know with a post on Friday.

You were also missing the aluminum spacers too. So If you call one of the numbers posted ask for those too.

Mike

If you can't get it in time from University check your hardware store. You are looking for an 8mm flange bolt with a 1.25 thread. Recently had to buy some myself