Turn signals all blinking

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've replaced some bulbs on my '08 but not this particular one. Following this as well.
Not a big deal - these are available everywhere. You can do the "W21/5W Stanley 12 V" search or just search the number 7443 as per rbentnail's post above. On line, you will get dozens of hits from Amazon or major automotive lighting vendors such as Sylvania, Philips or Bosch etc. I think almost any automotive parts place will have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
OEM bulbs are a little better design. More vibration resistant than auto bulbs but they will work just fine.

Photo of bulb has wire supporting center of top wire, auto bulb will not. Maybe just a Yamaha thing.

Much good info. here. Helped me a few times.

Photo of bulb has wire supporting center of top wire, auto bulb will not. Maybe just a Yamaha thing.
To be honest, I don't recall whether the running-light filament was supported in the replacement bulbs I used. If they last half as long as the OEM bulbs, they might just outlast the bike. (I got 180,000 miles out of the original!) I doubt that Yamaha commissioned a specific bulb design for the application but the "Stanley" bulbs might have been the choice of the Yamaha engineers because of a (potentially) more robust design. - or maybe they were just the low bidder?

Photo says it all. 7443 auto bulbs are not like this. Replaced far too many I know this for sure..

My 2005 had these type bulbs. Right front burned out at 2 years but didn't have any issues just no parking light.

Have a few 7443 bulbs in toolbox different than Yamaha bulb. Stanley is the OEM bulb on Honda auto but they don't have this center support. Just a different design better or worse ???