• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Two 1st Gen's for sale - northern MN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmeysemb

Reaction score
I just listed both my '04 and my '05 for sale on CL.

2004 FJR - $2750 (37,600 miles)

2005 FJR - $2200 (82,600 miles)

I suppose, if the situation called for it, I could put up a long distance folk for a night (in my house) if he planned on riding home with one or the other of these.
smile.png
(even though I've heard some of the tall tales). I'd also probably change the front on the '04 if someone were planning to ride half way cross country perhaps.

By the way, the '04 motor used to be owned by Derek Dickson (yeah, that IB rally champ!). I got it from him after one of his IB crashes. It is still a very strong motor. You can own a piece of history!
smile.png

I'm selling both because I'm going to stick with the Super Tenere (about 46K on it now) for my long trips.

EDIT: I forgot about the Givi 52 box that is included with the '05 so I attached some pictures to the original ad.

Also, I'd take $2K for the '05 now from a fellow forum member and $2500 for the '04!

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent looking bikes for the money. Both engines replaced at apparently relatively low mileage - any particular issues?

Decent looking bikes for the money. Both engines replaced at apparently relatively low mileage - any particular issues?
The '05 was a transmission issue at about 60K on odo. Found a CrashedToys motor (which is fairly close to me) and swapped that one in. This was actually a couple years before the '04 swap. I only picked up the '04 because I was without a bike for too long. So, after swap, this bike has about 22K on it. By the way, this was the bike I did my first track day on - I suspect that had something to do with the tranny issue. That was a full 8 sessions hammering around Road America (and then riding home 400 miles the same day).

The '04 was a bent valve or something in the valvetrain (somewhere around 28K on odo). Derek's bike was available after his unfortunate crash so I decided to just swap to his (which had something like 60K on it). So, after swap, this bike has about 9K on it.

Lowering the price again for you. Now you can almost justify (to the spouse) having one of these as a backup bike. Or, how about a great running parts bike?! :)

Well.... not much interest for either of these locally or here so dropping the price again:

$2k for either of these beauties! Your choice now.

I, personally, would go with the '05 as it's got more stuff.

I'd be willing to trade for a smaller (125 to 250) dual sport in decent condition.