Two Brothers Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the great Pics and video. Can't wait the get them. I ordered them last monday. They were sent free shipping U.S.P.S. The USPS tracking system said I was expected delivery friday and they were not delivered that day. And their stupid tracking system also said they had delivered it on Wednesday before that friday. What are those people doing over there slaming beers and getting high! Hopefully I will see them monday. The dealer I bought them from said 3 to 5 working days which means monday or tuesday. Thanks again for the great info.

Concerning the slipon turning cockeyed. I noticed unless I placed the clamp "hose clamp' that holds the new slipon to the OE header at the VERY END OF THE SLIPON PIPE, it do'e not really grip the original header pipe good. I noticed by placing the clamp at the very end of the slipon tube when I clamperd it down "Tightening it" it gripped the original OE header very securely preventing the slipon from rotating. When I first installed the slipons I could rotate the slipons a little even with the clamps tight. But I had not place the clamps at the end of the pipe. After I shifted the clamps to the very end of the pipe and tighted them they were very secure. The cuts made at the end of the slipon pipes when they were machined from the factory are for the pipes to bend in a little to grip the other pipe when the clamp is tightened. For the clamp to bend in the end of the slipon pipe the clamp really needs to be at the very end of the slipon pipe making for a more secure install. I hope this helps!!

I installed the P1 tips last night. At idle I didn't even notice a sound difference so I was thinking what a waste. After I let it idle down from the high rev. I gave it some throttle and then I could really tell a difference. It is definitely muffled and they actually sound more "racecar-ish" (is that a word?). The sound is more internalized and sporty and not quite as loud.

I didn't get a chance to test ride it but the tips are breeze to install and I'm hoping that my 80mph hwy cruising speed the pipes sound is tuned down a little bit now with these tips.

I recently got a nearly new 2 Bros exhaust off ebay. It came with the P1 tips. The install was super easy, took about 30-40 minutes. When I first fired it up with the tips I was pretty dissapointed. It didnt sound stock, but it wasn't much louder than stock. I took off the tips and wow, what a difference. It really rumbles now. I will probably keep the tips for long rides (i.e. cross country). My only complaint is that the left can touches the side case. I have tried to adjust it, but it still touches. I will make a small spacer to move the can down some.

I recently got a nearly new 2 Bros exhaust off ebay. It came with the P1 tips. The install was super easy, took about 30-40 minutes. When I first fired it up with the tips I was pretty dissapointed. It didnt sound stock, but it wasn't much louder than stock. I took off the tips and wow, what a difference. It really rumbles now. I will probably keep the tips for long rides (i.e. cross country). My only complaint is that the left can touches the side case. I have tried to adjust it, but it still touches. I will make a small spacer to move the can down some.
I had to mess with mine for over an hour to get them to line up and be spaced correctly. I was able to do it and they are no where near touching the case. They can be a pain to get adjusted properly to line up and look symmetrical on both sides.

I love the sound of the pipes without the tips....however those long interstate runs up to the mountains at 80mph for some reason that RPM range is very loud after awhile (it seems at least 10db louder than at 70mph to me). But it's only a 10-15 minute job taking the tips out so yeah you might want to hang on to them because you may find you'll want to put them back in at some point.

FJRSharpened.jpg

I have these same cans. No baffles or whatever. They sound great and i get a lot of compliments on them. They aren't obnoxious but you can hear them. Nice and throaty, but id really love a set of those holeshot headers too, i just can't afford them.

I put them on and cut down the air box, put a power commander on and had it dyno'd, the mechanic asked if he could take it for a spin afterwards and told me it was the smoothest running fjr he's ever been on. I really love my bike :)

The only issue I have is the left slipon likes to rotate to a cockeyed position.

I've tried a few things to fix it but so far no luck.
Hey Z,

Here's a thought: What would happen if you wrapped a layer or two of aluminum dryer vent tape around the pipe under the clamp? You can cut it to fit perfectly under the clamps before applying it. It's about .003 thick and a layer or two might do wonders. The adhesive can take an insane amount of heat... after all it's designed for dryer vents. I used this stuff for building up the gap between my throttle tube and my new heated grips. Great stuff. Just a thought.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool a more recent thread about the Two Brothers...

I keep reading stuff about them being really loud and now on here, about them being just right. hm...

I was about to order a set of the P1-X tips to quiet them down further than the P1 tips.

The fact that they're easy to install/remove is nice -- I'm sure I'll be tempted to try them with and without the P1-X tips.

I've a 2010 FJR so I see others have put the Two Brothers on theirs with no remap or fuel processor needed.

I also see that the install takes 30-40 minutes. Is this just going by the instructions that come with the Two Brothers and no experience?

I see there's some issue with the turning of the cans and an idea/possible-remedy here -- I'll keep that in mind.

I've installed Scorpions on a previously owned 2008 FZ6 and a Roadhouse slipon on my previously owned 2007 Vstar 1300 so I've kinda been there but never done this on the FJR.

The so-called V.A.L.E. system advertises a leak free fit. Did anyone use any muffler sealant during install?

Can anyone recommend a preferred vendor for the Two Brothers in aluminum? I see the P1-X tips are available at motorcycle-superstore. But reading some posts makes me wonder if I should just get the P1 tips.

Thanks,

Dennis

The sound dampening tips are totally a matter of choice. What one guy thinks is loud another guy doesn't.

Anyways I took a hour test ride with my P1 tips on and I'm happy with them. My whole issue with the Two Brothers exhaust and no tips is the 80mph hwy cruising speed. From 0-75mph I think the open pipes sound great! But that constant high rev. 80mph cruising speed with open cans starts to give me a headache after awhile. But with the P1 tips it dampened it just enough. The pipes will still bark when you get on the throttle even with tips which is nice.