Two day NW IL, SW WI ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tango Sierra

Reaction score
I've laid out a two three day motorcycle trip. Thinking July 19 & 20. Any takers?

EDITED 7/17/14 9:00PM

I've changed the dates to start Friday July 25, ride Sat and go home Sunday July 27. If you can't join on Friday then join Saturday.
I'm staying at the Fenmore Hills Motel. They still had rooms available as of 7/17. Single $52.75, double $63.30. prices include taxes. Reviews on Tripadvisor.com were excellent.

Day one would start in Mt. Carroll and travel NW IL and SW WI stopping for the night in Fennimore, WI. This covers 224 miles taking seven hours including a 15min hydration break every 90 minutes and a half hour for lunch. Remember you have to add your travel miles & time to Mt. Carroll. I thought we would meet at 8:30 for breakfast and start the trip at 9:30.

Day two would start from Fennimore at 8:15 and go to New Glarus to meet riders joining on Sat at 10:15, then go to Mineral Point for lunch. After that we head up to Wildcat Mountain near Ontario. Then we meander back to Fennimore.

Sunday is for more riding and then going home.

Last edited by a moderator: