Two die in accident at Barber this morning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
this was at the Ed Bargy race school

https://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/05/cyclis..._killed_in.html

A motorcycle rider and an employee of Barber Motorsports were killed this morning when the employee was struck while cleaning debris from the track during a test run for the motorcyclist, according to Capt. C.W. Mardis, spokesman for the Birmingham Fire and Rescue Service.

The 33-year-old woman on the motorcycle and the track worker, age unavailable, had massive head and body injuries after the 10:15 a.m. wreck, Mardis said. They were pronounced dead at the track.

Identification of the motorcycle rider and track employee were not immediately available.
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - A motorcycle rider and an on-track worker were killed Friday morning in a crash at the Barber Motorsports park.
According to Birmingham Police, several riders were running a test for a motorcycle race when one of the riders hit an employee on the track.

The on-track worker had reportedly went onto the track to remove a dead bird when he was hit.

The identities of the two victims have not yet been released
she is local to Trussville here.

Her and her husband both ride WERA.

I got a call about it this morning.

My understanding is the CW went to clear the dead bird under a standing yellow flag (not waving) on top of the blind hill at turn 4 at Barber.

She crested the rise with no place to go. It is ask no speculation be thrown around either.

https://www.alsportbike.com/sutton.php

this was taken last year at a barber day several of us got together to do

She is the one on the back row between red and blue shirts with the rag on

CIMG0065Large.jpg

I'm the shmuck on the ground

Just sad. You never know when your number is up.

Condolences.

Sportster

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.jaxsb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3350

It's 4am,
Just got in. Yea it happened right in front of me and another rider. 110 mph, to remove a knee puck that had been there for over an entire lap. Bike disintegrated and track employee got destroyed.

No flags whatsoever were given before he ran onto a hot track with us hauling at him. It was fukd, way fukd.

There are more details, but barber should be sued for deca millions. That was a total and could have very easily been me.

The girl was a fast, competent rider and when I mean fast, she knew how to ride.

RIP
from the same guy

Yea,
I couldn't get to sleep just now until I get this off of my chest. Whoever conjured up the bird story is full of total shit. Barber doesn't want to to release that they had a puck on the track for over an entire lap, where racers were passing it at 110 mph (yea real fun hitting that with six other racers around you).

Barber wants to keep this quiet and tell the press (including Fox News that interviewed me) the bs bird story, so that they can sweep this under the rug and settle out of court for the two dead bodies that they're responsible for.

I didn't see the track worker attempt to pick up and "remove" a bird. He removed nothing. He did pick something up (the puck) and then got wasted as he realised he was too far to get back across the track so when he went to sprint in the other direction he lost footing (slipped) and by losing traction kept him on the track about an extra two seconds. Those two seconds cost two people their life.

Ok, if there was a phantom dead bird where did it come from? It must have struck a rider yes? What rider? Why no flag if it had struck a rider and what was his status? Injured, bike damage? Or did this phantom bird just drop dead from the sky onto the track as most birds are known for doing when dying while flying around?

Barber, you can take your corporate, cover up bs and shove it up your ass.

I hope Fox News televises my interview.

Oh yea, almost forgot. The corner worker who got killed from what I was told was NOT a Barber employee, apparently he was bought in by someone else, whose name I won't mention because he's a good dude and doesn't deserve to have his name associated with this retardedness.

It looked like the corner worker who ran out had no idea what he was doing and he was just thrown on the track and told to corner for the day. It was probably his first day ever corner working.

All praise the track kings at Jennings GP. People wonder why he gets in people's asses about stuff like safety. We need more track managers like him. /bow

Sorry to read this Kevin,

Pass my condolences to the family.

If you don't mind, I want to post this on my local sportbike forum where we have a lot of racers that go to Hallett in Tulsa and some go to Barber as well.

Too sad. Sorry for your loss. The guy on the track may have meant well but, damn it, you just have to know what you're doing in potentially fatal settings.

May the two who left us too early rest in peace.

Condolences to their families and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.