• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Two new leftover 09 AE's $11,700 each

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

150Fuelie

Reaction score
In case anyone is looking, my dealer just purchased two brand new 09 AE's from Yamaha. They have zero miles and have the full factory warranty. His sticker price is $11,700 and can probably do better than that.

PM me and I can give you contact info. Dealer is in Lansing, Mchigan.

In case anyone is looking, my dealer just purchased two brand new 09 AE's from Yamaha. They have zero miles and have the full factory warranty. His sticker price is $11,700 and can probably do better than that.

NADA says avg retail on that is about $12,400.00 But with zero miles his price is really good I'd say.

Do you know where he got these hold overs from? It wasn't some weird water damage bikes from another part of the country or anything I hope.

I still would have a hard time using a button to shift instead of a clutch lever. ;) Maybe it's great once you got used to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
NADA says avg retail on that is about $12,400.00 But with zero miles his price is really good I'd say.

Do you know where he got these hold overs from? It wasn't some weird water damage bikes from another part of the country or anything I hope.

I still would have a hard time using a button to shift instead of a clutch lever. ;) Maybe it's great once you got used to it.

Last spring there were quite a few on Cycle Trader brand new for $9999. I understand there was quite a surplus of both 2008 and 2009 AE models in Yamaha's inventory. The financial crash and soft sales of the AE models all contributed to the surplus.

There are still quite a few on Cycle Trader brand new, but many of the asking prices exceed prices on even newer models. I wonder if those dealers bought them from Yamaha at a higher price. If that's the case, they're either going to have to sell them at a loss or hang on and hope the economy turns around.

From what I've seen on used bike prices, both NADA and KBB are out to lunch. There are many bikes for sale for far below the values claimed.

From what I've seen on used bike prices, both NADA and KBB are out to lunch. There are many bikes for sale for far below the values claimed.
Well that's a good thing then. It means its a buyers market. Also if someone was gonna need to get a loan from the bank to purchase one you won't have any problems because the banks all use either NADA or KBB to assess the value. If you could get one for $9,999.00 that would be a steal!

Again it would be "strange" to me to use a push button clutch but then again once you got used to it theoretically you could shift faster than the traditional clutch lever. Kind of like the push button paddle shifters on some sport cars.

He had one in the fall that I could have gotten for that $9,999 price. It had a $1,500 rebate from Yamaha. That rebate has been reduced to only $500 now. These two are directly from yamaha. Bikes that were never sold. The one on his showroom is perfect and you can see dust in area's that are hard to get to that tells me it probably sat on a dealers showroom for quite some time. I beleive the other is still in the crate.

I purchased my 2008 AE new from the local dealer last month for $8500 + TTL. Full factory warranty. They had in it inventory since early 2010.

I purchased my 2008 AE new from the local dealer last month for $8500 + TTL. Full factory warranty. They had in it inventory since early 2010.
That^^^ is a screaming deal. At these prices, I could learn to forget the clutch lever.

--G
The dealers in WA state seem to have some of the highest prices. I don't know if the economy is better in WA so they can get that kind of money, or if they are trying to start a FJR museum in their show room.

That^^^ is a screaming deal. At these prices, I could learn to forget the clutch lever.

--G
The dealers in WA state seem to have some of the highest prices. I don't know if the economy is better in WA so they can get that kind of money, or if they are trying to start a FJR museum in their show room.
That is for sure. Add the famous shipping + prep and most are tacking almost $1000 to their already inflated prices. By looking carefully you can find decent deals on the west side {Adventure in Monroe] but as always, buyer beware. Dealers on the dry side of the state and northern Oregon are much more motivated.

--G

You do... Took me a few tanks. First tank was to adjust to foot shifting without clutch. Second phase was paddle shifting.

Now the only time I foot shift is when I'm holding my coffee ;)

Latest posts