Two up Help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarFJR

URGNT
Reaction score
I have a few rules when I take on the responsibility of a passenger on my bike. I know the bike is going to act differently than me and her when we toss on a sack of potatoes on the back

Here is my working list, I run threw before a ride and many have saved a foot or a wipe to this date.

Rules..

1, keep your feet on the pegs at all times. If you can lick gravel on a turn please KEEP YOUR FEET ON THE PEGS

2 always look over my shoulder in a curve. If I turn right your head should be over my right shoulder.

3, If things are getting to be too much tap my back

4 want to go left or right TAP the corresponding shoulder

5, Only get on or off the bike on the kickstand side. With the kick stand down

6, If moving under 10 MPH just don’t move period.

7, You are getting on my bike. I am skilled with all it’s workings. You can do nothing to prolong your life from here till the end of said ride, but tell me it’s to much .Trust me to know what I am doing and enjoy the ride!

Add to #6 to squeeze their knees in. Keeps them thinking and helps center their weight.

also:

1. mount the bike only AFTER you get a clear signal from me.

2. dismount the bike only AFTER I give you a tap on the leg

3. crossed fingers by the rider means a potty break is needed soon. crossed fingers plus multiple taps on the back means a potty break is needed NOW.

4. rubbing my shoulders on a long ride is a good thing to do.

Wow.

4 posts for this thread to go in a completely different direction.

Must be a new record for this place...

Another rule is, you can let her drive, and while your back there you can lift her top up and flash the truckers, Good Fun! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

When we first got the feej and after the factory vibrations smoothed out, within 10-15minutes of riding, I would feel a light bump against my back....at first I was like..awww..affection...come to find out later when we stopped, she was falling asleep! She couldn't stay awake when we rode, the light vibration and all was too relaxing for her! We ended up getting bluetooth comms for our helmets, and every couple mins or so I would have to say something, or tap her knee, to make sure she was still there and awake. Scared me on more than a few occasions. So yah...get yourselves some comms devices. I have the chatterbox system, I DO NOT recommend it. I've gone through at least a dozen sets of replacement helmet speakers for it....the only plus to it is that I can sync it with my iphone via bluetooth...its just a bit of a hassle. My 2cents.

During an emergency stop have rider reach around waist and place hands on tank and not on your back.
Man, your emergencies must happen a lot slower than mine. There haven't been many emergencies in my two-up riding but usually they are over before there is time for the pillion to do anything proactive. In fact, my pillion can't see a whole lot around this wide body so she is usually caught by surprise. However, once the crisis has past there is simply nobody better than my pillion at straightening out an azzhole driver that deserves it. Way better than a horn toot or a finger, she has a great vocabulary and can string phrases together with the likes of Warchild and do it at weapons grade volume :wub:

During an emergency stop have rider reach around waist and place hands on tank and not on your back.
Man, your emergencies must happen a lot slower than mine. There haven't been many emergencies in my two-up riding but usually they are over before there is time for the pillion to do anything proactive. In fact, my pillion can't see a whole lot around this wide body so she is usually caught by surprise. However, once the crisis has past there is simply nobody better than my pillion at straightening out an azzhole driver that deserves it. Way better than a horn toot or a finger, she has a great vocabulary and can string phrases together with the likes of Warchild and do it at weapons grade volume :wub:

:lol:

jus cruising threads...

There's sum jems show up in them plowed fields...

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rules..

2 always look over my shoulder in a curve. If I turn right your head should be over my right shoulder.

Would you clarify this one for me please? Right turn, and their head over your right shoulder, seems like you want them to lean more than you.

Rules..

Would you clarify this one for me please? Right turn, and their head over your right shoulder, seems like you want them to lean more than you.
Nope just be in line with the pilot's body, looking where the bike is going vs. leaning too far into it or leaning away from the turn.