University Motors, Yamaha OEM Parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
EDIT: Updated 4/08

Gary McCoy was canned as GM, and the new owner raised the prices. UM is no longer the end all, buy all for bikes. Still a good deal, but now merely competitive, not the super deal they used to be.

Mike Kolstad, Parts Manager

UMotors

VISIT THEIR NEW LOCATION AT

3525 38TH ST SW

FARGO, ND 58103

P. (701)232-5000

F. (701)232-5006

1-877-232-5003

HOURS

MON-THUR 8AM -7PM

FRIDAY 8AM-6PM

SATURDAY 8AM-4PM

SUNDAY CLOSED

NOW OPEN!

U MOTORS OF FERGUS FALLS

VISIT OUR NEWEST LOCATION AT

1120 FRONTIER Dr.

FERGUS FALLS, MN 56537

PHONE 218-998-2200

[email protected]

UMotors has increased their prices to around 30% over cost as of 2/08 (used to be 15% over). Still a good place to shop.

LOOK UP YOUR OEM YAMAHA PARTS HERE!

Direct Link to Mama Yamaha's Parts page

Last edited by a moderator:
:agent: A1 + I have used University a lot lately great prices saved me about $300 over what my local dealer wanted, when I had to replace my bent up wheels.

Thanks, Gary McCoy. Dan in Yucaipa.

:agent: A1 + I have used University a lot lately great prices saved me about $300 over what my local dealer wanted, when I had to replace my bent up wheels.

Thanks, Gary McCoy. Dan in Yucaipa.

agree on gary and university motors. great price with service as well. gary is a great source for most any part. Anything available from parts unlimited can be purchased from university motors at a price that will put a big smile on your face. He is also a honda dealer. FJR parts, I email Gary, VFR parts, I email Gary, non oem parts for any bike, I email Gary.....nuff said.

+5

Gary rocks... almost always has the best prices, and will actually come down on his if someone else has a lower deal (did that for me with a set of Avons). He should be the first person you call whenever you need a cost for an item.

+100

Gary is THE parts source for your FJR, both OE and aftermarket. I don't even bother with the local dealers around here anymore. They get nada, zip, zilch. Gary gets all my business. :yahoo:

Gary is "De man!" He saved me about 40 bucks (not does, they aren't worth as much, bucks the ones with the horns) on the nearest dealer price TPS I recently replaced. I'd go back again for sure. :clapping:

Bumpski.... with edited information.

Mike Kolstad is the guy to talk to at University Motors these days. As was posted in other threads, Gary McCoy is now the GM, and Mike is the Parts Guru.

Thanks to the Admins for changing the title!

Gary is the best. Best service, fast delivery and pricing that can't be beat.

Just bought some parts+tires from University Motors, during the phone conversion with the parts person, he menioned that fjrforum members buy at 15% over cost. Back in the dark ages I worked for an AC/Delco parts warehouse, If you can buy anything at dealer cost plus 15%, then that is one Rockin Price.

Just bought some parts+tires from University Motors, during the phone conversion with the parts person, he menioned that fjrforum members buy at 15% over cost...If you can buy anything at dealer cost plus 15%, then that is one Rockin Price.
Not to mention that they occasionally throw in a freebee can cozy or other tidbit....

Just curious, how long did it take the big stuff to get to you guys? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the rebuild and compiled all my part #'s and quantity's. Also, do I send the #'s via e-mail or call? I'm thinking e-mail, then call as follow-up because I do have some questions anyway. Any idea's? :unsure:

Just curious, how long did it take the big stuff to get to you guys? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the rebuild and compiled all my part #'s and quantity's. Also, do I send the #'s via e-mail or call? I'm thinking e-mail, then call as follow-up because I do have some questions anyway. Any idea's? :unsure:
I always take care of everything by email. On rare occasion, I have called about a specific question. I would send the email to give him time to put it together. When he gets back to you, then call with any questions you have. That way you will have the opportunity to ask any new qeustions. You will have to call to provide a CC# anyways.

How long will depend on how long it takes Mike to get the parts. Some will be in stock or available right away, some will take several days to get to him. Once he ships, figure max is about a week until you get them. For me, after I send the "yep, order these parts" email, I usually receive in 1-2 weeks depending on the variables.

I always take care of everything by email. On rare occasion, I have called about a specific question. I would send the email to give him time to put it together. When he gets back to you, then call with any questions you have. That way you will have the opportunity to ask any new qeustions. You will have to call to provide a CC# anyways.

How long will depend on how long it takes Mike to get the parts. Some will be in stock or available right away, some will take several days to get to him. Once he ships, figure max is about a week until you get them. For me, after I send the "yep, order these parts" email, I usually receive in 1-2 weeks depending on the variables.
Thanks Mr.G. I was figuring 2-3 weeks for everything, Im sure they don't keep a whole FJR front end in stock, well the way people are banging these bikes maybe they do :blink: . Thank you,

Ed

See ya at WFO!

I used the Yamaha parts list and created a "wish list". When I was done I did a "cut and paste" of that list into an email and sent it to Mike. When I followed up with a phone call to give him my CC#, I added a couple of things (extra fairing bolts and fasteners, for example).

Very cool and like Gary, Mike was very easy to work with. Those guys know their stuff.

I used the Yamaha parts list and created a "wish list". When I was done I did a "cut and paste" of that list into an emai and sent it to Mike. When I followed up with a phone call to give him my CC#, I added a couple of things (extra fairing bolts and fasteners, for example).
Very cool and like Gary, Mike was very easy to work with. Those guys know their stuff.
Thanks for the idea. Man, I was ready to spend forfuckinever on typin all those #'s. I can never do things the easy way! :glare: