Unsuspecting motorist mugged by biker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is amazing. (And haven't GoPros changed so much about videos/photos?)

I wouldn't do it either, hence my comment about it being a bit dangerous!

I was once handed a cold can of beer on the interstate highway when I was on my XS850 riding on the back seat with the throttle lock. Hardest part was drinking the can of beer with no fairing.

I was once handed a cold can of beer on the interstate highway when I was on my XS850 riding on the back seat with the throttle lock. Hardest part was drinking the can of beer with no fairing.
Duuuuuuuude!

Last edited by a moderator:
Flashback: Many decades ago, riding with a few friends between refreshment stands. One of the other guys has a 500cc Triumph. As with all British bikes of that era, one never knew when it would act up. He had no right-side rearview mirror. So I pulled up on the right, held on to his luggage rack and backed off my throttle. He starts looking down at his engine and whatnot, trying to figure out why the bike is slowing down. After just a few seconds of this I let go and we go on our way.

Next stop he's talking about how his bike seemed like it was seizing up for a little bit and he couldn't figure out why. Of course, we never told him.

I sometimes wonder I'm still alive, crippled, etc.
unknw.gif

Let he who is without sin now cast thy stones.
angel.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
No stone throwing, RichDoyle, as I also wonder how I have managed to avoid catastrophe. Wouldn't do the coffe cup pickup these days, but could see myself doing it 35 years ago. Balls or stupidity or luck, the rider had skills, too.

WheatonFJR: Two summers ago, I was cruising back to ATL from a long day riding along the FL state line. Doing 75 on I-75, and a Victory with blue neon underlights pulled beside me -- beside me in the same lane. He reached for his beer in a handlebar-mounted cup holder, took a swig, and motioned, "You want one?"

I politely declined, but we drove side by side chatting over the road noise for 20 minutes until he exited a few miles south of the Perimeter. It was very calming, believe it or not, and provided a nice energy boost for my final miles through town to the northside.