Valentine/Garmin GPS issues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon06

Reaction score
I have my Valentine mounted on the right bar and a GPS 478 mounted on the center stem. I am having issues with "errant" signals from the Valentine whenever the GPS in on. The VH-1 "cycles" like it's detecting a signal. If I turn off the GPS the VH-1 works fine. I am using an Autocom to connect it all. Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to correct?

I have my Valentine mounted on the right bar and a GPS 478 mounted on the center stem. I am having issues with "errant" signals from the Valentine whenever the GPS in on. The VH-1 "cycles" like it's detecting a signal. If I turn off the GPS the VH-1 works fine. I am using an Autocom to connect it all. Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to correct?
I am no expert here but could it be a power issue that is making your V1 cycle thru like it lost power and was just tured back on? I'd start with that.

Corey

Every few years I have to replace the power cord for my V-1, because the pins get corroded. I can tell when it needs replacing, because I get the same symptoms you're seeing.

Every few years I have to replace the power cord for my V-1, because the pins get corroded. I can tell when it needs replacing, because I get the same symptoms you're seeing.
I'll check that out tonight, doubt it could be that easy though!!

I run my Valentine with a Garmin 60CSx with no issues. I have had the Valentine for years in cars, trucks, and 1999 Hayabusa. The only problems have been the power cord related issues mentioned by others. I make my own connectors to size and try to stay away from the coiled cords as they add stress to the connection. Good luck.