VerticalScope hacked! Your passwords are at risk.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bungie

FrostBack #2 - IBA # 44620
Reaction score
If your on multiple motorcycle forums you REALLY need to change all your passwords. Especially if you use the same password everywhere.

VerticalScope, which ones a huge number of motorcycle forums (not this one!) was hacked and some 40M passwords were stolen.

Clicky for more info. (Asphalt & Rubber link).

A couple there that I visit but none that I "belong" to. I see FJR Owners is on their list... StromTrooper too.

Last edited by a moderator:
They own hundreds of properties (websites/forums). For instance in the touring realm, Sport-touring.net.

Thanks for the update Bungie, worth noting.

Several years ago, on another forum, someone made a big deal out of the security of their forum password. I wondered what the worst that could happen from it would be. I determined at the worst, they could log into the forum as me and post pointless, stupid, or obscene posts. Then I realized that I already did that, so I didn't have to worry about it much
fool.gif

It's a good thing I don't frequent Internet forums. Lol. Just here and riders. I left the three others I tried out. Got bored and just didn't seem to make many friends. Which is weird, cuz I'm such an absolutely nice guy all the time...Right?

It's a good thing I don't frequent Internet forums. Lol. Just here and riders. I left the three others I tried out. Got bored and just didn't seem to make many friends. Which is weird, cuz I'm such an absolutely nice guy all the time...Right?
I know right!

HotRodZilla posted:It's a good thing I don't frequent Internet forums. Lol. Just here and riders. I left the three others I tried out. Got bored and just didn't seem to make many friends. Which is weird, cuz I'm such an absolutely nice guy all the time...Right?
Yes, sir! You're absolutely right, sir! Of course you're a nice guy! All the time! Whatever you say is fine by me!

Like Wheatie, if only I hadn't used my banking and stock exchange password for forums, I wouldn't have needed to worry about this.

If your on multiple motorcycle forums you REALLY need to change all your passwords. Especially if you use the same password everywhere.
I did get one e-mail from a non-motorcycle forum I'm on that automatically changed my password.

This breech is a good reminder that personal security is an ongoing process. I have at least several dozen active accounts with passwords and have chosen a tiered password approach.

So...are looking for feedback?
biggrin.png

Yeah, you know the internet is great place until the bad 'uns of the world decide to fook it up for the rest of us.