very cool item for tank bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is next on my list. had one in my hand at a dealer but it had a defective zipper :( they are supposed to be waterproof.

I guess that depends on how often you end up riding in heavy rain an what you want to put in the bag.
I ride all year round here in Seattle where it has been know to rain at times. Sticky snow is the only time I wish I had a Ural with side car. :dribble:

I usually put a rain cover over the entire bike when parking at work (when raining), but find that the fairing keeps the bag pretty dry while moving.

Heavy rain, I put the bag cover on. No biggie.

I have the Bags Connection GS bag, which is tapered and the handlebars will not hit it. It is a medium size bag and will hold your camera equipment... a bit tall, but works great for me with all the outside pockets, etc. The optional map pocket attaches loosely and flops around a bit in the wind (no biggie). It does however flop onto the handlebars when you open the bag because you have released the velcro at the back. The fix, velcro inside the lid of the bag, stick it there. The shower cap is big and no problem. Nobody seems to be able to waterproof all the stitching. I put seam sealer on my last bag and it doesn't look that good, nor did it work.

why all tank bags arent waterproof is beyond me

Some folks don't drive in the rain.....
tongue.gif