Vista Cruise For 2007 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slo-ride

slo-ride
Reaction score
I've read a lot of good threads in this forum regarding the Vista Cruise and I'm considering getting one (yes, I know there is cruise control and other throttle locks but I'm cheap). In all the threads, there seems to be some

amount of modifications required to make the Vista Cruise work on our bikes. Has anyone tried one recently? Has the design changed in such a way that modifications are not required? I really don't want to drill on my 2007.

Thanks!

I've read a lot of good threads in this forum regarding the Vista Cruise and I'm considering getting one (yes, I know there is cruise control and other throttle locks but I'm cheap). In all the threads, there seems to be some amount of modifications required to make the Vista Cruise work on our bikes. Has anyone tried one recently? Has the design changed in such a way that modifications are not required? I really don't want to drill on my 2007.

Thanks!
I had to for my '08. simple job. easy and I didn't screw it up. I use my throttle rocker much more than my vista cruise but I'm glad to have the vc.

I have had this model on bikes since forever, on my 07 I had to shave the pin under the right side electric unit and move it about 1/2" closer to the throttle, but otherwise simple to do. The arm crosses over the On-Off switch, but it is still accessible. Yeah I use the wrist rest throttle rocker more, but once in a while I use the Vista UCC. The most important part is being sure it works BEFORE you take a ride.

FJR1300.info has a how-to for the skinny model.

DSCN18741.jpg

Rather than drilling, I added an ear to the cable housing with JB Weld & painted it to match. Has worked fine for over a year.

Thanks for all the responses. How do you install the Vista Cruise? Do you have to remove the grips first or does it just drop in?

I have had this model on bikes since forever, on my 07 I had to shave the pin under the right side electric unit and move it about 1/2" closer to the throttle, but otherwise simple to do. The arm crosses over the On-Off switch, but it is still accessible. Yeah I use the wrist rest throttle rocker more, but once in a while I use the Vista UCC. The most important part is being sure it works BEFORE you take a ride.
FJR1300.info has a how-to for the skinny model.
I went to Cycle Gear in Lawernceville, GA last night and picked up the above mentioned cruise control. I had previously ordered the "Fits Honda" one that allows for a drilless/floating type installation. I ordered the Honda one from Amazon last Friday and it just shipped yesterday!! It won't be here in time for my ride Friday (700 miles) so I bought the one from Cycle Gear. I will have to move either the switch housing or the break assembly about 1/16" to get it all to fit. The brake assembly's bracket has a set pin that aligns to a hole in the 7/8" handle bar. Should I just use a Dremel tool to grind the pin off or should I move the switch housing over?

Break lever or switch housing?

Break lever or switch housing??

Break lever or switch housing???

I'm having trouble deciding so which is easier to move?

Mike

I added one to my 09 recently and just used a bit of industrial strength double sided tape to get it to hold in place. Might not be as permanent as drilling but I'd like step up to electronic cruise at some point. Worked fine for the 1100 mile ride I did last Friday. Trimming the grip hilt was the only permanent modification I had to make to the bike and that can be fixed easily enough. Other than the sticky tape, followed the instructions posted above.

I've read a lot of good threads in this forum regarding the Vista Cruise and I'm considering getting one (yes, I know there is cruise control and other throttle locks but I'm cheap). In all the threads, there seems to be some amount of modifications required to make the Vista Cruise work on our bikes. Has anyone tried one recently? Has the design changed in such a way that modifications are not required? I really don't want to drill on my 2007.

Thanks!
I didn't drill, I used zip ties to hold mine in place. It's worked fine for a few months so far.

I moved the break lever by making a oval out of the pilot hole in the handle bar. That gave me the lateral movement that I needed without affecting the safety of the break lever. So far, it is working great. I can post some pictures of the installation and the modification I did if anyone cares to see it.

Mike