Vista Cruise Options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitel

Reaction score
I am interested in adding a Vista Cruise Throttle Lock on my 2009 FJR. I notice some of you have posted that you installed the "Universal" model while others appear to use a model specific for Yamaha. As I looked at both today at the dealership, it appears there are a lot more parts involved in the "Universal" model. OK, which should I install? Any difference in performance or ease of installation? And, does my 09' FJR have a 7/8 or 1.0 inch bar? Thanks in advance for you advice.

You have the 7/8" bars and I installed it using the link Ignacio provided. Works great with my Hot Grips :) Also try searching Google like this:

Vista Cruise Site:fjrforum.com

Ditto with the link Ignacio provided. I used the same Yamaha specific VC as in the link. My installation procedure was the same other than trimming the VC collar versus trimming the grip. Works very well too. My $.02

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using this madco website for 4 years now and i'm very happy with it. installation was a breeze and it looks almost like a stock item. check the site for the one that for FJR's. Its pricier than the vista, but requires no special instructions to install.

lock.jpg

GreyGoose

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually installed the 'Honda' VistaCruise model.

Opposite the thumb lever that clamps the thing tight is a small 90* bent tab that I understand should fit somehow into the cable housing of a Honda.

On mine that tab rides on top of the throttle cable housing and affords me a ghetto-style resume. When locked, I can open the throttle to pass, but when I roll off the throttle, the tab contacts the housing again at the same throttle position it was in before.

I used a similar method as the link, however, I used a pop rivet instead of the screw. Worked great and no issues with backing out. Also the BMW grips are great and shorter so no trimming required.