Vololights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbacon

Reaction score
Read the innovation of the month in the January MCN regarding the Vololights deceleration indicator lights with some interest. Anyone installed these on a gen III FJR? Did it work? Could be an additional safety item if effective. I did a site search but only found a 2013 post on development.

Looks interesting. I think I would definitely spring for them if they were brighter. In the video on their web site you can see the lights easily on the cruiser that mounted them to the back of the passenger backrest but the sport bikes own brake lights drowned them out.

Maybe just a poor video, but brightness would be my only concern. Maybe the Volomod module and a more robust LED array.

Dunno

They seem to have the interest of the Forum. We have threads on them here & here & here & here.
Thanks Professor ionbeam. I remembered the discussion, but my version of Google was not cooperating.

Seems like a much more highly visible version of my left hand held out below my waist, fingers extended with palm facing backwards. And the cool-ass lights would allow my left hand to remain on the grip, ready to operate the clutch.

Last edited by a moderator: