Voltage Regulator Output Connector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidejack

Reaction score
The OEM connector to the Voltage rectifier/regulator on my 2009 is toast -- there is no longer a solid positive connection from the cable/connector to the regulator. Yamaha has NO replacement -- Trying to find a replacement (rather than replace the entire wiring harness? -- ouch)

Any ideas? Thanks

Eastern Beaver has the Furukawa QLW connectors that you need.

https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/R-R_Connectors/r-r_connectors.html

furukawa_3P-250_1028.jpg

As well as complete kits to replace the crappy OEM wires, which after a few years progressively fail resulting in the battery not getting sufficiently charged.

r-r-leads-28_1511.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I called Jack at ROADSTERCYCLE.COM and he has a harness all set up.

$45

Carver had an issue and found this guy, Loping around my FJR wouldn't keep the heated gear or grips running now everything runs at a idle.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the Rec/Reg connector pair failed on my Aprilia, I just cut them off and soldered & shrinked wrapped the wires.

Connectors are great if you are carrying a spare Rec/Reg on a trip, otherwise I have felt no need to rewire new ones in.