volume of side bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I can get a helmet full of beer to stay in my case, do you have any idea what that would mean??? That would mean my helmet would be waterproof and probably a lot quieter than it is now!

I'm glad Intech is so infatuated with alcohol at 0830. Makes me think he's up to no good!
Who? ME?

Makes me think of that commercial for the drunk driving checkpoints. there should one with a guy in a FF helmet that he flips up and beer comes pouring out.

Sticking up for the new guy:

The reason why it's important (for anyone) to know the volume of the FJR saddlebags isn't so you know how many liters of stuff you can fit in there. I mean, who the heck measures their stuff before they pack? It's so that you can compare them to other saddle bags and/or tour packs. So, knowing that the FJR bags are roughly 30 liters tells you that they are relatively small bags, even in comparison to, say, the ubiquitous Givi E36 bags, which are 6 liters bigger each. Or to a V46 touring trunk, which will hold half again more stuff than an FJR side case.

Each side case will hold 24 cans of Reddi Wip iirc. :blushsmiley:

imagesqtbnANd9GcTscQYZuBQHDUlXlLZhv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sticking up for the new guy:

The reason why it's important (for anyone) to know the volume of the FJR saddlebags isn't so you know how many liters of stuff you can fit in there. I mean, who the heck measures their stuff before they pack? It's so that you can compare them to other saddle bags and/or tour packs. So, knowing that the FJR bags are roughly 30 liters tells you that they are relatively small bags, even in comparison to, say, the ubiquitous Givi E36 bags, which are 6 liters bigger each. Or to a V46 touring trunk, which will hold half again more stuff than an FJR side case.
It's always good for someone to fill in my brain's blanks :D

But I still don't see what difference it makes - unless you can use other brands of bags in lieu of the OEM cases??

OTOH, I really don't give a frog's fat ass.

I haven't ranted since, at least, last evening at work. I needed the release :p

Now wait aminute! That was MY bottle at the Greens and Wets!
Really ?? :rolleyes:

IIRC, that was late in the evening.

You, my friend, have very good taste in postprandial drinks ;)
I know it was late. If you remember there were only three of us left out there when all was said and done. And it's not just for after a meal either!

How does knowing the volume of the sidecases affect ....anything? :blink: I know I can pack a s**tload of t-shirts, jeans, cosmetics, computer, Makers Mark,ETC into mine and live out of them - plus the topcase - for 3+ weeks. Longer if I ever get the opportunity. When I can't fit everything I (think I) want or need, I start jettisoning. The fact that each sidecase holds about 30 litres means diddly squat to me.
Fixed it for ya Mary Ellen!
That falls under ETC :lol:

CFR 2010

IMG0641-M.jpg

Greens & Wets - same year (but not the same MM) Man, you boyz drink a lot :D

981147491_6tbpV-M.jpg
1003668818_EHXVb-L.jpg

ME you forgot you need to a pack your after ride attire. :rolleyes:

Just make sure the beer's...in cans...
If you have ever wondered if the side bags are water tight we have tested and proven that when a bag is filled with beer at what ever pressure shaken beer can produce the bags don't leak a drop.

If I can get a helmet full of beer to stay in my case, do you have any idea what that would mean??? That would mean my helmet would be waterproof and probably a lot quieter than it is now!

I'm glad Intech is so infatuated with alcohol at 0830. Makes me think he's up to no good!
Who? ME?

Makes me think of that commercial for the drunk driving checkpoints. there should one with a guy in a FF helmet that he flips up and beer comes pouring out.
Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=rLE52GdnXAQ&feature=endscreen

Now you idiots have me thinking about funbags...More than a mouthful is not a waste...I have big hands!!

I know it was late. If you remember there were only three of us left out there when all was said and done. And it's not just for after a meal either!
What do you mean by "...three of US..." ?! Do you have a witness - who's willing to come forward ? :p (I agree about the preprandial sips :D )

ME you forgot you need to a pack your after ride attire. :rolleyes:
Marcus - where was that? I see Barb in the photo but ....no one else? And I'm sure the credit card receipts from that trip are long gone ;)

Ya got nuthin', fellas. I'm clean :angel:

If you have ever wondered if the side bags are water tight we have tested and proven that when a bag is filled with beer at what ever pressure shaken beer can produce the bags don't leak a drop.
Unfortunately :glare:

Now you idiots have me thinking about funbags...More than a mouthful is not a waste...I have big hands!!
We're talking about mouths here, 'zilla - not hands. What can you do with yours ? :rolleyes:

Now I want to see one with a tap!

This is a funny thread. Usually we're interested in the volume of the fun bags.
What are you? Crazy? Everyone knows that more than a mouthful is waisted. What is the volume of that?

Now you've got me confused. :D
And I wasn't even trying!

What do you mean by "...three of US..." ?! Do you have a witness - who's willing to come forward ? :p (I agree about the preprandial sips :D )

[
I am really surprised that you were the first to comment on the threesome. All the "funbags" talk has these guys distracted.

Who? ME?

Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=rLE52GdnXAQ&feature=endscreen

I never saw that commercial. exactly what I was thinking of. The only thing he did wrong was not take a big gulp to clear his mouth before he answered "NO!"

[
I am really surprised that you were the first to comment on the threesome. All the "funbags" talk has these guys distracted.

Hey, Bob ! I can be a fun old bag !

(jeez, I crack myself up :lol: )

Now I want to see one with a tap!
Wow. What a great idea.

But I think it might be easier on the bike to use one of these trailers...

keg_trailer01.jpg

Now why didn't I think of that? :huh: