VStream windscreen?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcsp

Reaction score
Seen an advertisement for a new VStream windscreen for the FJR's in the latest RoadRunner magazine.

I contacted National Cycle and was told they would be available in a week or two.

The price: $179.95

Better be as good as advertised for that price.

I saw the same ad! Looks promising with a diffferent contour than other shields. They list one specifically for the FJR and I'm curious if the dimensions(HxW) are close to the stock shield.

XCSP,

If you get one, let us know how you like it.

i'm interested,the tall Yami screen is good but not great. :(

Got this today from a guy at National Cycle:

"The one for the 2006 FJR is in development and should be available in 1-2 months. The one we have now is for the 2003-05 FJR. The price should be the same for the 2006 FJR.

There will only be one size, as the size we have works very well for just about any size rider. Without a doubt, this is a better quality shield than the Cee Baileys, in both impact resistance and also scratch resistance."

Thank you,

John Powers

Product Line Manager - National Cycle

[email protected]

708-343-0400 ext. 115

There will only be one size, as the size we have works very well for just about any size rider. Without a doubt, this is a better quality shield than the Cee Baileys, in both impact resistance and also scratch resistance."
Well, they aren't shy, are they? I wonder if it also cures cancer.... <_< Color me unconvinced....

Last edited by a moderator:
I bit and just ordered me one... I like the look and concept and have been satisfied with quality of National Cycle replacement windscreens in the past. I'm currently using a Givi which works a little better for me than '04 stock screen but still not quiet enough for my likes. I'm hoping for improvement allowing me to ditch earplugs in combo with my relatively quiet Schuberth S1 helmet.

I have sent them an e-mail,

I am concerned about the noise, buffeting and back pressure!

I asked them if it is snake oil, a cure all, also if tinted are available

effjay, full report after you get it, of course.

Is anyone out there wearing one of these yet?

It sure looks sweeeeeeeet, wonder if it does everything with out all the farkling to it?

Will be on my perfectblueride if it does!

Interest doesn't mean purchase. I, for one would like to hear some real testimony on this thing first.

But, I'm a cheap bastard.

I might be able to assist with a group buy, I met the FJR rider that tested their proto type shield last year.

He has an 05 and stated he has tried numerous shields and this is great.

I'm am communicating with him now via e-mail, thus far he has stated this shield is great, noise gone, buffeting gone, back pressure gone, currently I have the 4+4 ice blue from CB and the back pressure when up is terrible, I might cut the slots ( Calsci) like others have done, I had a chance to have the calsci last year and decided against it since most that had the cb stated it helped a great deal with all noise, buffeting and back pressure. now I am thinking I should have purchased that cb, but then again now maybe we have a cure all that doesn't have to be raised up for summer riding to take care of these issues.

I know he rides a lot, and distance too. So I will trust his advice.

I have a few more questions I am asking him and have also suggested that some on this board would be interested in purchasing and what about a group buy.

I will repost with more details once available. thx

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
PerfectBlueride, thanks for the info, more will be appreciated.

I contacted G McCoy and he's checking on the new shield.

Latest posts