Vsysto E2F Dash Cam - Just Installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRMaineiac

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
It is has been a while since I have posted, but I thought I would share this new farkle.  Last night I installed a new "dash cam" - a Vsysto E2F motorcycle dash cam.  Picked it up on Amazon along with a 128 GB micro SD all for around $200 USD.  The dash cam comes with two 1080p cameras - one front facing, one rear facing, a power module, a GPS antenna, a push button switch to capture and save videos that you don't want to have overwritten, and a controller with a 1.5" x 2.5" display.  Installation wasn't that bad, other than battling the mosquitoes last night.  I mounted the front camera just below the headlights on the underside of the front fairing using the provided adjustable mounting bracket and 3M tape.  The rear camera fit just under the rear rack (between the rear rack and taillight nacelle).  The waterproof case for the controller has the same mounting system as GoPro, and I had a Ram Mount / GoPro Mount setup already available on my handlebars, so that was a no-brainer, although I may move the controller somewhere out of sight in the future just to keep curious eyes away.  For now, it is nice to have it there for diagnostic and testing.  I have only taken one ride with it so far, but I like the fact that I don't have to set up the GoPro and fiddle with turning it on and off.  The quality of the video is very good.  Not 4K good, but good and certainly watchable.  The Desktop Dashcam Viewer software (downloaded separately) is pretty cool too - allowing you to not only view both views at the same, but the telemetry from the ride as well.  The telemetry data is embedded into the video files, so you don't have to fuss with separate files or anything.  Just drag and drop the front camera video files into the viewer and it figures out the rest.  

Dashcam-photo-1024x768.jpg

Here is a video with the telemetry from the ride:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iMrOL9I84mk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Video with telemetry

Enjoy!

Nice!  Don't know much about the offerings out there but that seems pretty decent for $200.  I also usually favor videos where you see part of the bike just for context but I didn't miss that at all with yours.

Yea, it was dark when I was installing it and photos during that process wouldn't have come out very good.  I will try to add some additional photos this weekend.