Was Alex's Aux light brackets......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of minor note, look at the normal HID headlight pattern from Greg's kit. Weird lines. I didn't think his high beams worked very well at all, and I think he agreed. HUGE differences in the HEADLIGHT beam patterns when going from low to high between our two kits. With mine there was a significant change in pattern. Not so much with his.
Yeah, I was kinda dissappointed in how little difference there is between low and high beam on my Apexcone HIDs, as compared to yours. But it's not such a big deal now since the aux lights more than make up the difference.

Now aren't the beam patterns a huge difference between PHIDs and 4GHID? Check out that starburst pattern of the 4GHIDs. Along with a really bright center spot for downrange punch. Also, the aux light colors in the photo look really yellow. That is not accurate. Both are 4200K-4300K and very 'white' with one HUGE exception that you can't really see in the photo: Greg's 4GHID lights make a big 'yellow' spot in the lower half of the beam. It was obvious in person, not so obvious in the photos. Greg said it's kind of driving him nuts, especially with the 5000K HID headlight kit. I could see it being an issue for many, but real world testing is in order to draw better conclusions.
That yellow spot gets less annoying over time. I guess I'm just getting used to it. I think the color difference between my 5000k headlights and 4300k aux only amplify the difference. As soon as I get my whacked-out priorities figured out :rolleyes: I'll swap my headlights to 4300k. What's really cool is after riding for a while with aux lights on, when I turn them off, it's like everything went dark; dang headlights seem so puny.

Real world testing will have to wait for those silly married boys to get their priorities straight.
Maybe you should spend more time with your (human) woman :kiss2: . I'm off all next week so if we can coax Vecter away from wedded bliss :man_in_love: for a coupl'a hours we can get this done!

I would love to participate in this shootout also! I will watch this thread as see if i can make it happen. :)

Now that SkooterG's conveniently figured out a way out of this HID shootout we've been talking about :unknw: , I thought it might be informative to post some comparison shots with and without the 4GHIDS...

HID Lowbeams. Not bad, does a good job of lighting up stuff to the sides but not much downrange:

892586097_T5oMn-L.jpg

4GHID:

892586351_dwKg4-L.jpg

A lot more poles lit up. Need to fine tune the aim, might be too high.

From another location, HID Low's:

892586532_Esygg-L.jpg

4G's:

892586706_ttFz9-L.jpg

I know felt a certain sense of comfort as I rode in from UT at 3am this morning, amidst several dozen deer, elk, cow warning signs.

Last edited by a moderator: