Wax on Wax off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumpadump

Reaction score
Hey peoples I was just wondering what you all use to maintain your bike's paint.

Other than an occasional wash I'll more often reach for a bottle of windex for a quick clean.

What do you all recommend for waxing the bike between washes, and to remove minor scratches from boot scrapes?

I have used 210 cleaner / polish for years on all my bikes. It's great for cleaning and waxing without any effort. Anti-Fog is great for windshields, helmet shields, helmets, colored plastic, chrome or anywhere. Cleans & leaves a brilliant protective finish. Always carry a can for a quick wipe down when needed.

You should avoid Windex if it contains ammonia.

Link to 210 CLICK HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
I use plexus ... It's a little pricey but it works great !

It eats up the bugs caked on windshield and front ends.

😜

Last edited by a moderator:
Lesse...Honda Spray Cleaner and Meguiars Quick Detail for the fast stuff. Yamaha makes a variant of the Honda stuff that is on my shelf right now. No difference that I can see.

When I get serious like yesterday, I have resorted to Turtle Wax Hard Shell. I like the results with Zymol, but it is a pain in the ass to get buffed off. I also use Meguairs paste. That and the Turtle Wax go on easy and buff off easily and they are priced well. On the bike, once a year. Everything else gets seen twice.