We Have Liftoff

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
This morning was one of those special rides to work.

After weeks of hot humid weather this morning was 50° and clear with a beautiful sun rise. The farms I go past have horses and a few cows starting to move out of the barns into the fields. Riding past Lake Massabesic the sun was just beginning to illuminate the islands and there were dancing wisps of fog rising over the mirror calm water. My commute takes me to a ridge where I can see down into a long stretch of the Merrimac river valley and up the tree covered ridge on the other side. The valley has a long winding fog bank that follows the path of the river. Sunlight was just starting to light up the trees on the opposite ridge. I had the windshield down and my visor open to take in the view better. I noticed the sweet smell of recently mowed grass accenting the experience. Distantly I note that I will be going past a little car coming from the opposite direction. Down in the valley, sunlight is just making the gold clock tower on one of the old mill buildings glow against the darker backdrop of the river. As the little car slips by, my peripheral vision caught a glimpse of something big streaking right at me, simultaneously I get a concussive BARK directly in my ear. Did you know that if the rider jumps hard enough Feejer can rise completely off the pavement? I also discovered that a rider can generate near tank-slapper handlebar movement while still going straight. Upon regaining some composure I looked in the mirror and was barely able to see the little car just cresting the ridge. Then I noticed a big dog hanging half way out the car window still barking furiously in my direction. [/peace, tranquility and serenity]

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan,

I agree, yesterday was a fine day for riding here in the Merrimack Valley. And today is even nicer IMO. I liked this morning's cool crisp air. So very hard to pull into the parking lot at work, yet here I am. This morning is a good teaser to the perfect fall riding weather just around the corner. Cheers/

You'll have to show me 'liftoff' road sometime.

Russ

We're not quite to the "cool crisp" air time of the year in Houston. More like the "sizzling bacon grease" air time of the year. "Cool crisp" will commence sometime in early December.