We Lost a Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart sunk when I read this thread.

I had not visited the forum for a long while, and today I wanted to read some threads and came across these terrible news.

OV was in deed a great person and will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sherri, my deepest condolences.

Andrew, ve con Dios, amigo mio.

damn!! like many others - I did not met them but read many of his post...he will be very missed by all in the community.

Wow! I totally missed this post until today. Like so many others, I never had the pleasure of meeting Andrew, but always enjoyed reading his posts. My sincerest condolences go out to those closest to him who've obviously lost someone dear.

RIP Bro.

Andrew, we will miss you. I never met you, except through a PM or two and your posts here, but I feel I know a lot about you, and a lot of you through your posts and photo's. You brought something very, very good into our lives, and that will live on.

Sherri, your loss is so great, and our hearts go out to you. Our prayers are that you will know peace at this time, and in the future. And to your/Andrews children, our wish is the same. Honour your Dad forever by living lives that would make him proud. Make choices that he would have supported, and keep him ever in your hears in the way that we see him, as someone who was generous in all he gave, and who added warmth and colour to people's lives.

Words are so inadequate at this time.

David

Have not been around here for awhile. It saddens me to have read of Andrew's passing. Didn't know him, but saw his posts. It matters not the how and why. The fact remains he is no longer with us.

I offer my condolences to his family.

Life has many complexities. We ride for many reasons - fun, adventure and to escape the everyday. I have seen all the posts and all the pictures of Andrew. And I can see that he was well loved by his second family here.

Seeing all this, I will not say rest in peace, but rather - Ride in Eternity. I think that is what he would want.

I'm sorry for the late reply I just found this, My deepest heartfelt condoleces to his wife and family. After reading every post over 17 pages I realise just how special a person we have all lost.

Wow, what can I say.

I don't visit the FJRFroum as much as I would like. Life just always seems to get in the way and I have just far too many hobbies and interests to keep up with everything. I just jumped on the forums and I started reading some posts when I saw little bits of information that let me know something was not right. When I found this thread, I was shocked by the news.

I just finished reading through all the posts straight through from page one to seventeen and my heart is heavy. I never met Andrew and I don't even know if I knew that was Orangevale's real name until just now, but after reading everyone's posts and seeing all the photos, I feel like I too know Andrew if even only a little. I know it's going to sound cliché but Andrew's spirit will live on in the hearts of all of you that have shared your fond memories on these preceding pages.

I wanted to share an exchange I had with Andrew a couple months ago on this forum. I really think it relays Andrew's spirit and his passion for riding.

In a thread I started regarding some FJR sightings in my home town of Elk Grove, CA (only minutes away from Orangevale)

If you guys are here, let me know. We should hookup for a ride sometime.
I rarely drive in Elk Grove unless I'm visiting my friends out there...but heck, I'm just in Orangevale...we can hook for rides too. I'm going on a ride tomorrow...wanna come?
Orangevale thanks for the offer, I would love to join you for a ride sometime. Tomorrow (Sunday) though I have a mini-ride planned with a few friends from the Bay Area. We're heading up to Foresthill, going to ride Mosquito Ridge Rd. Where are you planing to ride? Thanks for the offer though, I would love to take a raincheck on the ride.
Monday...want to ride Monday?
Sorry I missed your invite to ride on Monday.

Andrew, I'm really sorry I missed your invite to ride. :(

The enclosed link symbolizes Andrew.
His comments from a topic in another forum (approx 22hrs before the incident). Always caring and sharing.

https://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14339
I just went and looked at that thread. The last post on there was 0800 on the 10th, just after it happened. The guy posting had 159 posts at that point. My friend Kirk, whose untimely death is chronicled in this thread, was employee #159 at our department. Kinda struck me as an odd coincidence....

The enclosed link symbolizes Andrew.
His comments from a topic in another forum (approx 22hrs before the incident). Always caring and sharing.

https://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14339
I just went and looked at that thread. The last post on there was 0800 on the 10th, just after it happened. The guy posting had 159 posts at that point. My friend Kirk, whose untimely death is chronicled in this thread, was employee #159 at our department. Kinda struck me as an odd coincidence....
And Andrew's post in that thread was less than 22 hours before he died. Still hard to believe.

[

And Andrew's post in that thread was less than 22 hours before he died. Still hard to believe.

+ 1 billion.........was checking out some of Andrew's posts over on pashnit and still seems unreal. PM. <>< :(

Status
Not open for further replies.