What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave my 05 a little TLC this weekend. A proper bath, probabaly the first in 9 months. It is still blue under all that grime.

Also mounted a new rear tire. Conti-Motion. Not expecting great life out of it but it feels good.

Also seviced the drive splines and U-Joint.

I know this will be a shock for the NERDS group to absorb but I washed my bike yesterday. As a consequence I drove my car to work today just on a rumor of rain this afternoon
cry.gif
Had I not washed it I would be riding. There is a chance of rain tomorrow so I will be driving my car again. Washing motorcycles is evil and a deterrent to riding enjoyment.

While I'm at CFR a big ol' box of parts will be sitting on my front steps waiting for me to come home. There will be a long list of "What did you do to your FJR today" when I get home.

Shock and amazement. WTF Alan!

Don't tell me yer joining the bike washers...

BTW, I put in the middle gear assembly, got it installed backwards, so I am adding a third wheel to the bike to compensate.

Saturday......Installed new front & rear Pirelli Angel GT (rear "A" spec), new EBC-HH pads on the front and Garuld's Stiffy Kit. (and the Wife washed it for me while I went in and watched one of the Isle of Man TT Races on the DVR)

Sunday....short shakedown ride after church but before dad came over for lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I learned my lesson about washing. My bike was clean today and I rode it to work. That caused torrential downpours in the Boston area. Damp ride home tonight....
So, it was you that caused Thor to bring out the hammer and lights that shook the oaks. I chose wisely (for a change) by taking the car. However, had my bike not been washed within the last 24 hrs I would have been out dodging lightning bolts and riding on white ball bearings a.k.a. hail.

Took off the PAIR plumbing and installed Wynpro's block off plates that I got over a year ago. Being there did throttle body sycn 2&3 where good 1&4 where high had to turn them back a bit, and a new set of plugs.

Temporarily mounted my new Aussie PoPo box for a weekend trip. Next week it gets to change colors.Pics from a test fit a few days ago

IMG_20130520_094853.jpg

IMG_20130520_094908.jpg
That's a nice looking box
thumbsupsmiley.png
Even though I made my own do you have a source for this one?

My father's retired and has been a freelance photographer for a while now. The man's got mad skills. Today, he gave me a pretty nice father's day gift. This is a photo I bought from a Dragon vendor when I was at Deal's gap last month. My dad photoshopped it really nice - the color is fantastic on my bike (even though it's kind of dirty). He gave it to me in a nice 8 x 10 frame - it will look real cool in my office.
US129DragonPhotor28x10thumb_zpsa06b22b6.jpg
I didn't notice at first but there is that harly dude coming up behind you. Very nice pic. When I was on the dragon about a month ago during the week there were no picture takers. I would have like to get one also.

Dave

My father's retired and has been a freelance photographer for a while now. The man's got mad skills. Today, he gave me a pretty nice father's day gift. This is a photo I bought from a Dragon vendor when I was at Deal's gap last month. My dad photoshopped it really nice - the color is fantastic on my bike (even though it's kind of dirty). He gave it to me in a nice 8 x 10 frame - it will look real cool in my office.
US129DragonPhotor28x10thumb_zpsa06b22b6.jpg
I didn't notice at first but there is that harly dude coming up behind you. Very nice pic. When I was on the dragon about a month ago during the week there were no picture takers. I would have like to get one also.

Dave
That looks more like a Kawi Vulcan 1700 dude...

I'm thinking Honda NightHawk personally. I will say that if it is a Harley or Vulcan that close behind hppants, we are looking at proof that 'Pants just made an illegal pass seconds before that pic was taken.

That is my friend Loki on his 2001 Nighthawk 750 with close to 100,000 miles on it. With triple the horsepower, in the twisties, I have yet to leave him.

Incidentally, if you follow the opposite lane of my travel, you will see where a little grass has over grown the white shoulder stripe. At that location the road has a shadow on it. In the original picture, there was a guy riding an ST1100 (actually he is someone I know). Ah... the magic of photoshop....

I know this will be a shock for the NERDS group to absorb but I washed my bike yesterday.
What the heck? Are you trying to taunt the bad weather gods or something?

Now it's sure to rain the whole time we are up in Ontario!! And it will be all your fault!!
warning.gif

I had the "opportunity" yesterday to replace the nose and right side upper faring pieces along with the entire headlight bucket in Ole' Blue. We'd had a little close encounter of the worst kind with a BMW F800GS's side luggage at a stop sign back in May, and my parts finally showed up last week, just in the nick of time for CFR. So those parts will be clean, but I'll leave the rest of the bike dirty to help counteract ionbeams clean bike and ward off the bad rain juju. ;)

I know this will be a shock for the NERDS group to absorb but I washed my bike yesterday.

Now it's sure to rain the whole time we are up in Ontario!! And it will be all your fault!!
warning.gif

I had the "opportunity" yesterday to replace the nose and right side upper faring pieces along with the entire headlight bucket in Ole' Blue. We'd had a little close encounter of the worst kind with a BMW F800GS's side luggage at a stop sign back in May, and my parts finally showed up last week, just in the nick of time for CFR. So those parts will be clean, but I'll leave the rest of the bike dirty to help counteract ionbeams clean bike and ward off the bad rain juju.
wink.png
Well, since you have become somewhat handy with the bucket and hose, I volunteer to leave my bike in front of the Commodore Wednesday evening where you are very welcome to give it a good scrub.
coolsmiley02.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

warning.gif
I was gonna wash mine (the wifey suggested it), but after this, I think I'll let it slide. I don't want to be the guy that brings rain to CFR. And the wifey doesn't think she'd like riding in the rain anyway (she's not yet had the pleasure), so that will be my argument for not washing it. "See honey, I was just thinking of your comfort!"

Latest posts