What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and Dave, I sent you a PM. I was thinking you were someone else that I don't particularly like...I would have been less of an ass if I had realized that was you. Oops!!

I could stop being an ass altogether, and wouldn't have to worry about this stuff, but what fun would that be? :no:

Oh, and Dave, I sent you a PM. I was thinking you were someone else that I don't particularly like...I would have been less of an ass if I had realized that was you. Oops!!I could stop being an ass altogether, and wouldn't have to worry about this stuff, but what fun would that be?
no.gif
Who's kidding who?

You couldn't stop being an ass if it meant getting a lifetime supply of new FJRs.

Jackass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and Dave, I sent you a PM. I was thinking you were someone else that I don't particularly like...I would have been less of an ass if I had realized that was you. Oops!!

I could stop being an ass altogether, and wouldn't have to worry about this stuff, but what fun would that be?
no.gif
Who's kidding who?

You couldn't stop being an ass if it meant getting a lifetime of supply new FJRs.

Jackass.
Man, you beat me to it but I didn't want to start something. AJ might tease me for bringing my FJR to Cedar City in the back of the pick up next month or something.

Picked it up from the dealer after its 6000 mile service.
WTF? I thought you did that stuff?? Either way, glad you're ready to roll. Lol
Nope, I leave the oily greasy stuff to real grease-monkeys, I just do the clutch-soaking, after-market cruise-controlling (my "skills" here no longer needed), heated vest controlling, gps fitting, wheel removal for tyre changing (but don't change the the tyres myself) stuff.

The reality is for my peace of mind should warranty work be needed within the two-year factory warranty period. After that it's become a habit to take it to the dealer. So far after four years I've been lucky enough to change each bike for a new one, so it's back to the two-year bit. I doubt I'll get another though, after four years of this one I'll be getting on for 76.

I do wash it all by myself
wink.png

I could stop being an ass altogether, and wouldn't have to worry about this stuff, but what fun would that be?
no.gif
Reply sent,

If this place wasn't full of Jack Asses it would be boring. Me being one of them at times.

Dave

Oh, and Dave, I sent you a PM. I was thinking you were someone else that I don't particularly like...I would have been less of an ass if I had realized that was you. Oops!!I could stop being an ass altogether, and wouldn't have to worry about this stuff, but what fun would that be? :no:
You have degrees of assness?
:whistle:

:kiss2:

Put almost 500 miles on it yesterday, riding up to Owosso, MI and back, and got some wiring taken care of, thanks to Tim and everyone else that helped.

Wanting a Dedicated GPS to try out - to get away from using my phone for GPS, though it'll continue to serve up my tunes to the Sena 20s's
With all the research done on this forum - I finally bit the bullet sort of....

I really didn't want to pay $900 for the new 590 so I was trying to find the next best thing and with the help of many forum members I narrowed it down to the antiquated Zumo 550 - with a large amount of credit going to FredW with his continual insight on this model....

Sure I'd like a larger unit but.....

Guess my timing was just right - searched the local craigslist and low and behold, a Zumo 550 popped up 25 mins before my search for get this - $100. Contacted the seller, met them at a intermediate safe location and concluded the transaction - had it in my hands within a couple hours.

Upon inspection - I couldn't believe my luck, I don't think they hardly used the darn thing at all...

Perfect in every way in the box with all the doo-dads that come with it, though I had to order the power cable for $15.
Updated the maps to 2015 on an external SD card and its mounted on the bike already....

Total score - and if it ever goes tits up, I guess I can use that for a discounted newer model down the line...

Pretty stoked to give it a go...

I've been gone a lot for work, so I was excited to finally use the fork cap tool I ordered from GP Suspension (why didn't I buy this when I got my forks upgraded?) to change my fork oil today. Rearrange garage - check, cap tool - check, fork oil - aww sh.....! I completely forgot to get fork oil and it's sunday, so all the local dealers are closed. What a dumb a$$. Now all I have to do today is figure out why my XM receiver isn't working and play with the aux tank plumbing. Bummer.

Since I've been gone so much, I have a full week's worth of stuff to do in the office next week, so I have that going for me. Oh, and a Mexico trip popped up to boot, so I'm behind even before the week starts. My bike may never get the service it needs. Yea, yea...I know where to find sympathy - between shit and syphyllis in the dictionary, right?

Went for a ride, let her cool a bit when we got home, then changed the oil and filter.

Used the Purolater filter as recommended here.

Patted self on back and had a beer.

Put almost 500 miles on it yesterday, riding up to Owosso, MI and back, and got some wiring taken care of, thanks to Tim and everyone else that helped.
Very glad to see you post that, JoseT. I guess the good news is that even with all of your back issues, your time off the ride has been not all that much more than the rest of us northerners. And your back is going to be so... much... better!

Wanting a Dedicated GPS to try out - to get away from using my phone for GPS, though it'll continue to serve up my tunes to the Sena 20s'sWith all the research done on this forum - I finally bit the bullet sort of....

I really didn't want to pay $900 for the new 590 so I was trying to find the next best thing and with the help of many forum members I narrowed it down to the antiquated Zumo 550 - with a large amount of credit going to FredW with his continual insight on this model....

Sure I'd like a larger unit but.....

Guess my timing was just right - searched the local craigslist and low and behold, a Zumo 550 popped up 25 mins before my search for get this - $100. Contacted the seller, met them at a intermediate safe location and concluded the transaction - had it in my hands within a couple hours.

Upon inspection - I couldn't believe my luck, I don't think they hardly used the darn thing at all...

Perfect in every way in the box with all the doo-dads that come with it, though I had to order the power cable for $15.

Updated the maps to 2015 on an external SD card and its mounted on the bike already....

Total score - and if it ever goes tits up, I guess I can use that for a discounted newer model down the line...

Pretty stoked to give it a go...

What a great score. I'm sure you'll be happy with your new Gee-Pee-Ess.

If not, first in line to buy it for a hundo!