What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode the dirty bitch to work for a meeting, letting her sit out in 40 degree rain, then decompressed after the meeting by taking a ride in the mentioned 40 degree rain as I pondered a few things like how well my riding gear works to keep me warm and dry, how well the PR3's perform on wet cold roads, and how happy I am with my Shorai battery.

Will be prepping her when I get home from work for the ride to Daytona tomorrow.

I hope the guy that sells the Held gear will be there. I need a new pair of gloves.

Also will give me a chance to do a shake down of the Starcom and new GPS.

Dave

Plugged it into battery tender because I'm fighting a cold. Apparently me and the missus share everything. :(

And worse, this weekends weather is going to be the best we've had in months!

Rode to work as usual. In a while I'm riding home with a detour through Little Tujunga Canyon to Vasquez Canyon. Then she gets a bath.

Gave her a bath in anticipation of a poker run tomorrow :) but weather I'd turning lousy :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the lock from my top case to the locksmith to be keyed the same as the ignition and side bags. I bought a few extra keys while I was there. I found a new MC shop in Lafayette so I stopped in to get some gear lube. Got home and change the lube in the rear end and then finished up with a bath. Its supposed to be above 60 tomorrow so I'll go for a ride then.

Bryan

Thorough wash and cleaning to remove last weekends ride gunk.

Winter roads are a sand pit but...at least I got to ride! :p :lol:

--G

Installed Electrosport Stator, Replaced cracked Fairing that was caused by bird strike on my trip to the West coast last september. Getting it ready for the annual trip to Florida in April

Did a nice little ride with a friend yesterday. An absolutely gorgeous day here in Arizona so took her up to the towns of Cave Creek and Carefree and northern Scottsdale. Neat places and a great ride.

Installed Electrosport Stator, Replaced cracked Fairing that was caused by bird strike on my trip to the West coast last september. Getting it ready for the annual trip to Florida in April
What the heck did you hit...a pterodactyl?

I replaced my left bag reflector that was missing with a new one. The old one was taken off by a Honda civic down at EOM in KY.

Just like new again,

Dave

I took my FJR on a ride for the first time ever! I'm very pleased I bought this bike. I took a bit of a chance because I only test rode one once a few years age and it was a genI.

I stayed away from the redline since I'm breaking it in, but it seems to have a little more power than my wife's Bandit. I can't wait until it's broken in so I can really put it though its paces. I'm not sure how accurate the MPG readout is, but it showed a 45mpg average when I got back. That seems pretty good since I was varying the rpms as much as possible.

The only thing I didn't care for is the windshield. Luckily I had them through in a V-Stream when I bought the bike. I'm going to put it on tomorrow. Oh, I almost forgot, I'm not sure if I like the seat. But, I'll wait until it's broken in until I decide if I need to do anything.

Yesterday I suited up and did a solo ride to Baker City Oregon. The weather was mild about in the mid 50's to mid 60's.

When in Baker city I always stop at the Oregon Trail Coffee shop for a good breakfast (served all day). Then it was back in the saddle headed to Boise.

I did stop at Birds of Prey Motorcycles where I bought the FJR and shot the $hit with the guys I bought it from.

I jokingly said I just stopped in to see if they had anything faster for me. They then took me in to the back of the building and proudly showed me an '09 Busa they just got in. That's what I get for opening my big mouth, but they did invite me back for a test ride after they get it prepped. You can bet I'll take them up on it.

It was a good 368 mile round trip ride that I needed badly.