What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started counting the curves on the way to work. Lost count half way there.

Sumbitch,

I will try again tomorrow,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode to work yesterday...kinda like everyday, except that on the way home, the bike and I got a free wash. Some of my gear was still a little damp for the ride in this morning.

Changed the oil and FD oil. Now all that's left for EOM is to bleed/flush the brakes and clutch, and pack.

And wait.
fool.gif
upset.gif

One of my cheapo car horns that I put in a few years ago took a dump, and then Gregory up in Redding put a Stebel Nautilus out on the PIF thread, so I tried to mount it. Failed miserably. Guess I don't have the skills or patience to fabricate a good enough bracket for it, and really couldn't figure out where it would go anyway. So that'll be going back up for grabs, but what about the half a set of horns? So I ordered a pair of PIAA compact sport horns, and they came yesterday. Today they went in, right where the stock horns were, and plugged right into the horn harness I bought from forum guy Randy for the car horns. Boy, those PIAAs are LOUD. And small, and light. Like them much better than the Stebel. Went for a ride in the afternoon, but for once, nobody cut in front of me or gave me an excuse to blow their head off. With the horns, I mean.
mad.gif

Not exactly FJR related, but updating the maps on the GPS at this very hour.

How's come you can do a system update on the 'pute in six minutes, but maps take an hour and a half? I guess mapping every pebble in every alleyway takes some megasbite, eh?

Continent sized maps are 1-2 Gbytes these days. Downloading them may take a little while depending on your internet connection speed and the speed of the vendor's servers at the other end of the internet connection. But the long pole in the tent is that, although your GPS can read from its on-board map storage (its flash memory) quickly, it takes a lot longer to write into it to update that map data. Orders of magnitude longer that it does to write to the hard drive (or even the flash drive) on your PC.

That's just the nature of that generation of flash memory devices...

Flushed and bled the brakes and clutch. Amazing how long that task can take if you have to move bodywork.

Now all I have to do is remove the NC dirt so it doesn't comingle with WV dirt.

Flushed and bled the brakes and clutch. Amazing how long that task can take if you have to move bodywork.
Now all I have to do is remove the NC dirt so it doesn't comingle with WV dirt.
An extra long speedbleeder installed for the clutch helps a lot.

Leave it dirty- WV could use the addition to the gene pool.

I installed a Rambone GPS mount, new Garmin 660, FZ1 Fuseblock, replaced a rear OEM Bridgestone 023 for a take off PR3, and installed a Sena in the helmet. Tomorrow a chilly trip to CFO to ride La Crosse area.

I pulled my mirror off and put it back on just to check it out. I needed to confirm some shit.

That's all folks, Let's see if the rain deters me tomorrow.

Dave

I installed a Rambone GPS mount, new Garmin 660, FZ1 Fuseblock, replaced a rear OEM Bridgestone 023 for a take off PR3, and installed a Sena in the helmet. Tomorrow a chilly trip to CFO to ride La Crosse area.
A few birthday gifts? Have fun at CFO.
Nope, I bought it all in preparation for SWFOG and Big John's Blackhills roundup months ago. Its been a busy summer at the motorcycle school and just got around to installing them now.