What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it to work...again. Day 214 consecutive.

Kind of nice only a half day of work today and our bosses cooked breakfast for the guys in the shop. Our shop always gives out some type of Christmas gift to all of the employees, usually some type of tools or useful household gadget. Now I have to try to figure out how I'm hauling home a new shop-vac!

I know that the thread is NEPRT for a reason but the daily "Rode it to work" stuff is wearing a bit thin.
uhoh.gif
Some people actually have an interest in what others are doing with their bikes. Maybe start a new thread (eventually destined for NEPRT) describing riding record numbers of consecutive days and/or riding under particularly adverse conditions etc. Might even become popular!

I know, the only rules in NEPRT is "there are no rules" (except politics and religion).

I know that the thread is NEPRT for a reason but the daily "Rode it to work" stuff is wearing a bit thin.
uhoh.gif
Some people actually have an interest in what others are doing with their bikes. Maybe start a new thread (eventually destined for NEPRT) describing riding record numbers of consecutive days and/or riding under particularly adverse conditions etc. Might even become popular!
I know, the only rules in NEPRT is "there are no rules" (except politics and religion).
I respectfully disagree. This thread has always been a simple "I rode it" thread along with whatever work has been done to a bike. IMHO folks should keep on keepin' on what they're doing. If a person feels like it, a more detailed thread of an actual repair or modification can be put in one of the more technical sections.

If the thread is wearing thin for you why don't you simply unsubscribe and skip it?

Kind of nice only a half day of work today and our bosses cooked breakfast for the guys in the shop. Our shop always gives out some type of Christmas gift to all of the employees, usually some type of tools or useful household gadget. Now I have to try to figure out how I'm hauling home a new shop-vac!
Good thing they were not giving extension ladders this year! Chuck, been following your rides, be careful, hopefully you will stop when prudent. By my standards that point was passed some time ago!

John

to stay on topic, I checked the Datel as the battery tender keeps the battery cozy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I changed my engine oil and final gear oil.

I watched TwoWheelObsession on YouTube.com and his videos convinced me that I can change my spark plugs and synchronize my fuel injection throttles. I ordered a Morgan Carbtune Pro 4 from England (https://www.carbtune.com/). The total cost is $89.40, which includes shipping and a storage bag. It is supposed to arrive in 10 days. Wish me luck on my first synchronization!

Kudos.. but pictures would be better! lol...

It was 70+ degrees in DFW today so went for a quick 70 mile ride. Then filled up with no ethanol gas, a wash and wax and put a blanket on her till next time. Awesome day.

Then filled up with no ethanol gas...
I've heard of this thing called "no ethanol gas" but I haven't seen it.

Living in corn country it's basically impossible to find gas that hasn't been screwed up to some degree. I know my 2-stroke engine devices wish such a thing existed here.

Putting corn in gas is really asinine but its the world we live in.

The FJR got some attention finally this evening. The warm weather hit Western Ky today so after church I took the wife for an hour ride around the farm country in 70 degree weather on the GoldWing. It was 11 degrees just last week. Then I washed off the remains of Nova Scotia and all that Vermont road construction that I never washed off back in June. To the on-topic part - Then I took the FJR out for a spirited solo ride for the first time in a month. I haven't felt up to fighting the cold temps very much this last month unlike some of you other brave / nutty folks. It seemed a bit light in the front for some reason. :) And that was fun.

I refereed an argument between the Gray Ghost and the Blue Beast over who got to hold the Gerbing Gear. The Ghost won, but the Beast gets it tomorrow night. When I hobbled out to the Freezer for new Ice Bags a while ago I swear I could hear them talking shite to each other, but it might have been feedback in my hearing aides.

A beautiful day that got into the 60s was not wasted. I rode out to get a part to install a car stereo upgrade, and then down to the WV line for the Pennsylvania Tag-o-Rama. The tag was in the mountains and was stranded. Nothing too exciting, but at least it was warm and the skies were blue.

28272B58-27C9-4489-B12C-82FFF93D6FB9.jpg

Washed it! Took advantage of the unseasonably warm weather here in my part of PA. Over 60 degrees this afternoon on my ride home.

Oh yeah.....day 218 consecutive.

Wired up the AdMore LED kit, still need to drill the holes and mount the lights in the Givi V47 trunk.
Tried to send you a PM - "You can't receive any more messages" WTF?

I have the same Admore harness/Light Kit

I thought that the Admore as purchased was pretty dim.

I bought a couple of LED Strips and installed them in the Lower Red Lens area on the Givi v47, wired them into the top and voila, I've got lots more rearward facing lights, cost me $10 for the two strips and 6 connectors

Not today, yesterday... got the hose out and melted the ice in it. Temps soared to mid 40s so I was able to give the FJR a bath and relieve my OCD anxiety, having ridden it through a snow squall before I parked it last, and so it was covered with nasty road spooge. It was warm enough to ride it again, but I opted to put it away clean.

Feejer's Garage mate, the ManStrom got a hosing off too, as that was last ridden on some wet, unpaved roads, so it was looking a little crusty too. But mostly I sprayed it down because it was already out; I needed to move it to get the red beauty out.

I also plugged the Optimate battery tender in as it's been almost a month since its last ride. They are saying that tomorrow will be another opportunity day to blow snow. <Sigh>

Rode it to Midtown, meeting Cav47, his brother, and three hoodlum-looking kids.
coolsmiley02.gif

Toured the Georgia Tech campus (finest school in the country) under a sunshiny sky. Wonder why the kids were most impressed by the baseball field?