What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^Ditto. weather forecast is for snow tomorrow so the army of salt trucks will be out in full force making a briny mess of the roads. Had a chilly (28F) ride into work early today.

Rode it to work, per usual, saw 28 degrees this morning. Day 264 consecutive in the books. Forecast here calling for flurries in the morning tomorrow but should still be able to sneak 10 miles in at some point.

Carved out a hole beside my tools and her car in order to park under cover for tonight's few inches of snow. First time inside the shop all year. Took a local ride in 40 degree temp to get fuel and Stabil for storage. Had BMW cousin help measure Comfort seat difference and CalSci in comparison to stock equipment.
20171209_180752-X3.jpg
20171209_100611-X3.jpg

Sullivan - in your first picture, what is that object in the lower right foreground, mostly on the porch? I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what the heck that is? At first it didn't strike me as much, but now I'm curious.

(It's a sickness, I know......)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bemoaned the fact that I can be a stoopid twat even after one beer, especially when I mis-judge how far the bike ALWAYS moves back when put on center stand and consequently punch a hole through the taillight with the right-hand turn signal light as fitted to the Matchless.
Matchless turn signal light, fine.........FJR tailight lens costing ten times as much.......fubar.

Moral, don’t drink and attempt to maneuver even a non running bike.

Replaced broken taillight yesterday. Jeezuss, seemed as if half the rear end had to come apart just to do it. Also discovered that the lens unclips from the reflector unit and could be swapped before having to unplug the wiring behind the clutch fluid reservoir!!!!

IF the lens was for sale anywhere.....couldn’t find one.

By coincidence, couple of weeks ago had also replaced cracked taillight lens on the Matchless. Two minutes and two screws!

There’s progress lol.

How’d the 56 compare to the 47?

Fitted the new Givi V56, and compared next to the V47.
No riding as the roads were iced with a salty slush. It seems that DOT is only slopping down chemicals as I did not see any pushed snow on a 20+ mile commute in this morning.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="YummYam" data-cid="1385707" data-time="1512920684"><p>

Looks like a chop saw to me.......similarly afflicted, :)))</p></blockquote> yes indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode it to work again. Was lucky over the weekend, got my ride in on Saturday before it started snowing then Sunday roads had already cleared off so i was able to get out and keep my streak intact. Days 265,266, and 267 now in the books. Going to continue and try for a "perfect year". Hoping Mother Nature is kind to me.

Rode it to work yesterday and again today. Days 268 and 269 marked off. 19 degrees coming in this morning, had to turn up the heated gear a little further than before. Tomorrow weather looks ugly. May have to bring truck to work and get in my ride after I go home. Keeping fingers crossed Mother Nature doesn't screw me over just yet.

Thanks Zilla!

Rode in to work again, in the snow! Okay, it was a light dusting, maybe half inch at my house but roads were clear. 27 degrees and some flurries blowing around made for a pretty ride. Worst part was my parking lot at work. They plowed? Yeah, they plowed that whole inch or so that had laid there leaving an icy thin coating on the lot. Day 270 complete and temps are supposed to go up so ride home is cake.

Unplugged/unhooked the battery tender after noting that my blushing bride had plugged that extension cord into a timer and ganged it w/some XMas lights...