What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got no pictures, but I had about 300 miles of fun. Found me a little two lane that had a two lane right next to it! One here in the good old USA and the other In Canada. Made me giggle, I'm goin down the in the old US of A and the white truck is goin down the road the same way in cheese land. Where's the WALL I ask ya where is the wall?! I mean Barb could get across the boarder!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got no pictures, but I had about 300 miles of fun. Found me a little two lane that had a two lane right next to it! One here in the good old USA and the other In Canada. Made me giggle, I'm goin down the in the old US of A and the with truck is goin down the road the same way in cheese land. Where's the WALL I ask ya where is the wall?! I mean Barb could get across the boarder!
Um, We WANT Barb to be able to get across the border. HELLO!!!

I hopped on the bike and went to get a haircut. Then rode it home. Tomorrow I will be going out to top off the tank and get ready to go to OH to ride some boring ass roads.

That's all folks,

Dave

I got no pictures, but I had about 300 miles of fun. Found me a little two lane that had a two lane right next to it! One here in the good old USA and the other In Canada. Made me giggle, I'm goin down the in the old US of A and the with truck is goin down the road the same way in cheese land. Where's the WALL I ask ya where is the wall?! I mean Barb could get across the boarder!
Um, We WANT Barb to be able to get across the border. HELLO!!!
Yea I know, the wetsiders and I shared a beer with her at the MC show in Sumas a few months back.

Went for a little 120mile ride. Hwy 178 going north from South Carolina was fun and spritted. Then washed it then waxed it for the first time. Only had it since June 2017. Only put 17,000 miles on it so far since I had it.

Put on New GYTR exhaust a couple of weeks back, new Dunlop Tires Friday and rode to Myrtle Beach for the airshow and got to see the Blue Angels!

Rode just over 300 miles with a coworker. We jetted north up the highway to have lunch in Roanoke, VA with Ken the HD Guy then meandered south through and across the mountains on US221 & VA/NC 8 home. Excellent day- no rain, coldest we saw up yonder was about 55*F. Coworker rides a Honda Something-or-Other 1800. He doesn't get out into the hills much so scraping a floorboard now and then was a little unnerving for hm. But at the end he was like a giggly little kid with his first bike at Christmas. I think he's hooked.....

Added LED rear turn signals and a new flasher relay. Much brighter, IMO. Will add the front ones as soon as I figure our how to access the stupid things without breaking something.

Yesterday's report: Rode it to get inspected, then to get my tag renewal (thanks to the state of NC for eliminating the grace period for renewals at the end of the month). Then about an hour to shake out the winter smutch and get gas. Always get the grins on throttle roll-on. "In thrust we trust."

Added LED rear turn signals and a new flasher relay. Much brighter, IMO. Will add the front ones as soon as I figure our how to access the stupid things without breaking something.
Got the front ones done. I discovered that you don't have to take the complete side cowling off to do it. After I had already done that on one side, that is. But nothing lost, because by removing it, I was able to see that my coolant reservoir was pretty low and I was able to add coolant to the appropriate level. For those so inclined, just removing the 3 screws from the little panels next to forks and pulling them back gives you enough room to change those front turn signals.

IMO, the LEDs look real nice. Brighter and I like the added visibility. The relay was a piece of cake as well. It was located on the right side almost under the speedometer. Just remove the battery cover panel and the one next to it and you can get to it. I used one I got from Amazon and it worked like a charm to solve the fast flashing problem that LEDs can cause.

Brake lights are next. I just have to work out where I want to mount the resistors.

Oh, I also rode it today. Over 90 degrees on the interstate coming home. I'm not ready for that yet. Where did spring go?

... I was able to see that my coolant reservoir was pretty low and I was able to add coolant to the appropriate level. ...
I've always found that if the bike is completely cold, there is no point topping the level up beyond about 1/3 of the way up from the low line. Any more seems to be lost, so that when next you see it stone cold, it will be back to that 1/3 level. It then sticks there at least until the next service.

Just my experience.

Edited to add picture of my "normal" cold level:

(Click on image for larger view)

Last edited by a moderator:
jblanken64 posted: Over 90 degrees on the interstate coming home. I'm not ready for that yet. Where did spring go?
My Monday commute home was that warm, too. I suppose one week of spring is all we get this year.