What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After spending the weekend riding the flat, straight, and boring roads of SEO, I needed some excitement in my life...so I rode it to work today

With the help of a cutie at my local Rite Aid drug store, I purchased some black enamel nail polish. First touch-up job is the gps- 8+ yrs of "snap in, snap out" has taken its toll. Then I'm gonna ride it to work.

rbentnail posted: With the help of a cutie at my local Rite Aid drug store, I purchased some black enamel nail polish.
Toenail check next time I see you.

Unpacked it and sprayed it down with Honda polish. Yeh I know but it's good shit. Taking it to work tomorrow. Tires are spent after the SEOR.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Mounted the Russian GAZA crash bars. They're well made but the instructions are useless.

20180505_150927.jpg

Had a Michelin Road 5 installed as the back tire on my 2015 FJR1300A. RideNow Peoria, AZ charged me $260 installed. So far, I love the tire.

Took it for a short rainy ride this morning while thinking about my mom. Realize just how much I miss her. Day 420 consecutive somewhat sadly in the books.

Drying out after riding to central Massachusetts yesterday in the rain for the spring luncheon by New England Riders, with a successful stop at Cycle Gear in Woburn of side by side testing of Arai Signet (winner) versus Shoei RF-1200.

Finally hit 10,000 miles after a slow (crappy weather) springtime here.

Looked under the cover to see if it was still there. If I ever get to go for a solo ride I'll take it.

Rode it to work in the pouring rain as a gear test for waterproof-ness. Got a small wet spot at my navel, which is probably due to oprator error when sealing the vecro closure. (Jeez, I can even screw up velcro.
omg2.gif
)

Biggie was water leaking onto the inside of the visor. New Transitions photo-sensitive visor on an old Bell Vortex hat, I suppose. I'll be cleaning and enhancing the rubber seal during the next few evenings.

<edit, 30 secs later> The Roadsmart 3s performed well despite being close to end-of-life, although not a serious test today.

Rode it to work in the pouring rain as a gear test for waterproof-ness. Got a small wet spot at my navel, which is probably due to oprator error when sealing the vecro closure.
Weird but my immediate thought was of the delivery doc cutting your cord.
weirdsmiley.gif

^^^^ Heh, heh, heh. That's funny. (Bet you didn't know that specific joke is almost 62 years old.)

PS: out of likes for the day, so +1, gunny!

I also rode to work in pouring rain. No leaks but got hot and sweaty. Had two layers everything, normal and then rain gear on top even gloves. My almost bald RSIII also did fine through the ponds on the road since it was raining so hard.

This week, rode it in indicated air temp of 100F. Rode it in a monsoon that sent waves across landlocked interstate. Replaced the air filter (the third filter if you count the factory original). The filter I took out looked pretty good, but there was a lot of fine stuff in there when i ripped it open. Lubed the peg pivots and rear brake (without disassembly). Dissassembled, cleaned, lubed, and reinstalled clutch lever, as I could feel it hitching a bit. Ordered a set of Michelin Road 5's as the next garage stock set. PR4GT's (current garage stock) probably going on in a couple of weeks.