What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't thrill my family or neighbors by changing the oil at 10:00 p.m. in advance of trip to Daytona. (The warming of the bike filtered up from the attached garage. Oops). Also bought and installed in the truck, the HF stand/chock, which turned out to be cheap money compared to me welding something together.

Rode to work in 19F. Parking gate was not working, left bike a guard shack. 15 mins later they got it open so long walk back to guards shack to bring bike into parking lot. A warm 35F on way home.

Yes, I am spoiled that my free bike parking place is 15 feet from front door.

I finally got to ride my new toy. I bought my 2015 FJR1300A in late January and have been waiting for my chance to get it out. I checked fluids & air pressures and installed R & G sliders before my ride. Mid-40's temps today and I never got cold during my short ride. I had the heated grips on high and turned them down to mid level after a few minutes. This is the first time I have ridden a FJR and I am very impressed with this bike. I had a few ST1100s several years ago and thought this bike would be a good replacement and so far I think I may be right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky you getting out. Nice day here too but roads are too f*%#ed up with sand and potholes etc. to enjoy any kind of ride. Good luck with your new bike.

You might know this already but then again maybe not if new to the FJR: Each of the three levels for the heated grips can be preset to different intensities. IOW your choice of three of 30 temp settings (1 thru 10 for each level). I think I have mine set for 2 on low, 6 for med and 10 for high (which will cook ya). The manual can walk you through it.

Final check on tire pressure, fluids, and mounted side cases packed and ready to depart for Phoenix next Sunday. Planning to spend four days riding the best roads north, east and west of Phoenix with two friends.
bike.gif

I went to the AuburnFJR shoe shop and put some new boots on the old girl. Mostly, I watched redneckj put on new boots while I slowly pulled out an ABS sensor from a corroded sensor well, cleaned it up, and put in some anti-seize and did some other things I was told to do. Thanks, J and Bryan.

I decided to see if it would start today. Hasn't been run since late November. A little fussy but lit up OK after clearing its throat a couple times. Ran it long enough to get everything properly warmed up (don't want condensation in oil or exhaust system). Hoping to get out for at least a short ride in a week or two.

rvnmaniac, I was just in your neighborhood Saturday! Visited Morgan State University and Coppin State University to get some pictures for the Team Strange States of Confusion Tour.

Morgan%20State-XL.jpg

Coppin%20State-XL.jpg

Looked under the covers and they are both still there. Supposed to be 50+ this weekend but it will be some time before my road is m/c friendly.

Rode to work this morning. Had a small handling issue as the bike just didn't want to turn going into the parking lot. I think it wants a road trip soon.