What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'pants - go to NERDS. It's a damn good time. Dunno if we'll make it next year, but Sooze and I have gone to NERDS twice and really enjoyed it.

We have routes set up that will show you all sides of northern VT, including one that runs over 16 covered bridges in a day that I bet you'd enjoy.
That's a good'n. We rode that with Bust and Carver at the first NERDS. Carver, being a Kali guy, had never seen a covered bridge up until then.

ETA: Oh, and to keep in with the theme of the thread, I haven't touched my FJR since we got home from EOM. It's sick - pretty sure the TPS is tango-uniform. RaYzerman is gonna drop by and we'll change it. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the crisp fall temps and great weather, I left mine in the garage today. Thanks to Hurricane Matthew, the river just down from my house is above the record high (from Hurricane Floyd years ago) and many of the city streets are underwater; I wasn't sure what I'd encounter on the way to work this morning and didn't want to practice fording. As it turns out, I found a route to work that was mostly dry...should've ridden. Tomorrow I will. ;)

fullsizeoutput_495-X2.jpg

I patted it on the Nads as I walked my KTM behind it to get out of the garage. We had a GREAT ride today. Wet sand, perfect weather, lots of mud, and fast trails. What a blast!!https://www.gaiagps.com/public/1NCVeFdDvcgmQoAVerno8Kzj
Never thought about doing that to mine. More power to ya, ya frikkin pre-vert!!
Haha...OOPS! After an update a while back, my phone won't save any "dirty words." It's pretty irritating, especially as much as I use them. Lol...

Got in a nice Autumn ride with my brother on his new 2016ES. A fun ride through the hills and curves of SWPA. Really glad he came to visit this weekend and we got the chance to take this ride. He is no longer in touring mode and he has evolved into the best coordinated and skilled riding partner i could hope for. What a treat to ride with my brother again on equal machines. I hope we can do this again soon, and often.
It was a great weekend; good food, great beer, good company, and a great fall ride. Thanks Tom for the help with the Zumo/Sena set-up. It worked perfectly on the 450 mile ride home.

Got in a nice Autumn ride with my brother on his new 2016ES. A fun ride through the hills and curves of SWPA. Really glad he came to visit this weekend and we got the chance to take this ride. He is no longer in touring mode and he has evolved into the best coordinated and skilled riding partner i could hope for. What a treat to ride with my brother again on equal machines. I hope we can do this again soon, and often.
It was a great weekend; good food, great beer, good company, and a great fall ride. Thanks Tom for the help with the Zumo/Sena set-up. It worked perfectly on the 450 mile ride home.
I rode by your house (Brazil) yesterday coming back from Hooterville!

Ah. The joys of a good riding buddy! I'm removing the PAIRS system now.

Ah. The joys of a good riding buddy! I'm removing the PAIRS system now.
I miss our riding Jamie! By PAIRS do you mean you're putting blocking plaits on?

Took the long commute to work covering about a hunnert to go 12. The spider repair is fine, no hiccups. The battery seems as good as ever. And the new DarkSide Exalto...well that's gonna take so getting used to. I had a G-Max before, this is different. Harsher? Squillel-ier? Less forgiving? Hard to describe. I'm hoping working with the air pressure some will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave it a quick wash today, finally cleaned the spooge off from EOM week. Supposed to be nice on Friday. Think I'll take the day off, and go out and get it dirty again. The trees are turning all sorts of funny colors that make the short days worth riding around on.

Installed the Warm n Safe liner in my Roadcrafter due to 36 degree morning commutes this week. Have I told you how much I love my Warm N Safe liner? ;)

Next up will be to swap the +2 Cee Bailey summer shield for the Vstream barn door and install the Vstrom handguards. I hear it's gonna be a cold winter.
cold.gif

Well, I did this on Sunday, but I was riding all day so I couldn't post...so sue me.

Avoided two rednecks in a truck trying to ram me off the road, and chased me in the dark at 5:30am. (wished I was armed at that point)

Later on in the day while on the interstate noticed I was going 70, so I shifted up into 4th.

That's all I got.

Rode it to work today. Wouldn't idle properly and check engine light came on. Crap! Got to work and it died as soon as I dropped the throttle.

About 10 V on the battery after it sat for an hour or two! Terminals are tight. Seem to be getting voltage when the engine is revved so it is looking like the battery has given up (I hope that's the issue rather than the charging system). I have put the battery on a slow charge for a few hours and I will let it sit overnight to see if the voltage drops again - I'm thinking it will. The 10V was (surprisingly) enough to start the bike. Rather than capacity going off, I suspect there is one cell shorted.

Damn batteries. You would think they would last longer than 9 years and 163,000 miles! Was hoping for 10 years/200,000 miles.