What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it in to work today...and expect to for the entire week. There's a fair chance it'll turn 20k this week...not bad for 15 months of (s)miles.
biggrin.png

Side note...today's my RDL build day....whee!
What are the chances this is actually the day???
biggrin.png

...oh yeah, you are getting a RDL.
wink.png

Rode it to work. Well, I work "from home" mostly but when I have to engage with other bipods, it's at their place of employment. Today - midtown Atlanta. As I knew it would be rush hour when I was done, I rode so I could use the HOV lanes to at least partly lesson my pain. As bad as traffic was at times, the weather is perfect and I was comfortable. Nobody tried to kill me, either, which I just now realize is unusual. I've been out on the bike almost every day since the weather became friendly, and it's rare not to encounter the species ignoramus..

I got an RMV-1 form finally so I can register the new bike. I may go get the plates tomorrow so I can finally take this thing out for a ride.

Dave

Before the weather goes in the shitter, I washed it for the 2nd or 3rd time this year before the long white. Washed more than a once a year.... that thing is so spoiled.

Before the weather goes in the shitter, I washed it for the 2nd or 3rd time this year before the long white. Washed more than a once a year.... that thing is so spoiled.
That '13 deserves to be loved Steve.

Bring it down south where it's warm and can exercise on the curvy roads. A cold frozen shed is no place for the beloved FJR.

Rode it to work again today. Peak foliage in eastern MA I think. Beautiful sunrise today to go with the pretty leaves.

Put my new SW moto tank bag on this weekend. I saw BigOgre's set up at NERDS and liked it a lot.

Rode it to hospital to have my annual echocardiogram and consultation with a consultant.

The good news is that I still have a heart, its leaky valve still leaks, but no worse than last year. But he still mumbles about needing heart surgery at some stage. My understanding is they can't quite believe I'm still going around without any symptoms.

The best news is that parking for motorcycles at the hospital is free! It costs car drivers their arms and legs to park there.

Put my new SW moto tank bag on this weekend. I saw BigOgre's set up at NERDS and liked it a lot.
I think he was inspired by my setup, so now we are all rockin' the SW Motech / Bags Connection City EVO. It's about the perfect size for the FJR and after I bought the tank ring for it, I can snap it on the ManStrom too!
thumbsup.gif

%24_35.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he was inspired by my setup, so now we are all rockin' the SW Motech / Bags Connection City EVO...

%24_35.JPG
Didn't get the City Bag; I wanted a map pocket on top...Got the Trial(?) bag.
I think youse guys are going to cost me some more accessory money. Dear Santa ---

I installed a speed bleeder for the clutch line and changed fluid. You may ask, "But Allen, I thought you did this at geek's tech day?" My response, "Stupid me only bought bleeders for the brakes. I forgot about the clutch."

Although I don't use my brakes all that much, I do use my clutch a lot. The fluid was a nasty dark brown color since it had been in there for 44,500 miles!

Scraped the right peg hard, running the back roads to Aunt Kelly's house. A smooth right turn from Mount Vernon onto Powers Ferry at about 40 mph.

Startled the shit out of me at first; then opened up a big ole grin. "Now THAT'S what I'm talkin bout ..."

I think he was inspired by my setup, so now we are all rockin' the SW Motech / Bags Connection City EVO. It's about the perfect size for the FJR and after I bought the tank ring for it, I can snap it on the ManStrom too!
thumbsup.gif

%24_35.JPG
My feejer budget has been cleaned out and is need of replenishing. This will have to wait.

Dave

Yesterday I started the FJR, warmed it up and drained the engine oil and removed the oil filter. Left the oil pan beneath the bike overnight. Tonight I will clean the area around the oil filter and add oil. No need to hurry with this project - it is raining cats and dog in Seattle today.