What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
08FJR4ME posted: I let the nest get to big out of curiousity. Now we are battling over turf. It looks like I will eventually win.

Dave
As you spray them down with Raid, make sure to shout, "This is why we're the dominant species!"

Good luck, brother; hornet stings are really painful -- and is their way of shouting back, "Take that you murderer!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rode it over 120 miles (for work) in a torrential downpour, stopping at every SB ramp meter on I-75 from the Perimeter to Hudson Bridge. All in ventilated summer gear. Got as wet as if I'd jumped in a lake.

But Hud, it's only about 30 miles from the Perimeter to Hudson Bridge/

Yeah, well I had to loop it three times, and had miles to/from the house. Wore hiking boots, as moto-boots are not good for traipsing through weeds, brush and muck on the side of the freeway. Boots were still soaked when I put them on this morning to do the NB ramp meters -- in the rain, again.
Happy to report the bastages have been evicted. I did end up having to use the can of RAID. 3 times!!! Now there gone.

Rode to work today and hope to change the oil in the bike after work today.

FZ1 mirrors and Zumo 590 GPS hard wired. Pretty scary pulling some of the fairing off for the first time. Just took my time and all went well. Of course I used some help from the forum wirte-ups.

Yeah, I am not a fan of the new fairings for sure. Who'd a thougt your bike is a lego set.

Rode to work again, tomorrow looks like a truck day.

Dave

I bought the Black Maintenance Kit from Chemical Guys a while ago. Finally decided to try it out. I put on a coat of the Blacklight and then a coat of the Black Wax. Bike looks great! And yes I know that washing and waxing an FJR is pure lunacy to some. Call me loco.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked and it's still under the cover in the garage with the tender plugged in. We got a new dog yesterday so maybe I can ride while mom puppy sits.
smile.png

Rode it from Folsom, CA to Asheville, NC from 8/13 to 8/15. 14+ hours per day, lost 1 hour each day due to time change. Damp first 1/2 of last day. 865+ miles per day.

I installed the highway footpeg plates and auxiliary rack that I ordered from Garauld a little while back.

I used some cheapo Chinese footpegs that I had lying around and made up some spacers to lengthen the pegs a bit.

Now to put some miles on with these pegs to see if I like them or not.

78lMwL9m.jpg

jhgjn2nm.jpg

CFM4wbfm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Left Eureka MT at 0730, pulled into Spearfish at 2015:

785 miles, 11:23 moving hours, Avg Speed 69 mph. Max Speed - your clearance has been revolked!

Left home on the bike, came home on a rollback. Flat rear tire. 2 holes that I plugged but the bead busted so the little Slime pump, even with a ratchet strap around the tire, wasn't gonna pump it up. The thing I pulled out looked like a small trailer hitch pin about 3/8" in diameter. Thanks to the AMA Roadside Assistance picking up the tab!

Glad to hear you didn't have to push it.
Nah, called the AMA for roadside assistance. They had a truck there in 20 minutes. Nice guys too, had Gatorade for me on the hot day & stopped at a convenience store on the way for everyone to get stuff. Funny too, we joked about all kinds of stuff. They made a PITA situation a lot more bearable. They had everything needed for the transport, not a scratch on the bike and dropped me and it off in my driveway.