What do you do for a living?...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agrats84

Reaction score
Seems like people on here are constantly adding farkles with endless amounts of income. Do you have to sacrifice other things or is your job paying that well? I'm a high school teacher and although I may not be able to add farkle after farkle, I do get 2 months off to ride any time I want. :yahoo:

Seems like people on here are constantly adding farkles with endless amounts of income. Do you have to sacrifice other things or is your job paying that well? I'm a high school teacher and although I may not be able to add farkle after farkle, I do get 2 months off to ride any time I want. :yahoo:
Yes, the farkles can be expensive. And it's frustrating to see how much some folks spend. But don't lose sight that this is merely a hobby. A pass time...

What you do every day, molding young, impressionable minds... Man, I'd love to be able to do that. The amount of money one makes is not any kind of measure of their worth.

there are some inexpensive add on's out there just got to look around. there are $340 bar risers and there are $80 bar risers,. the old saying you get what you pay for..and then there is a saying "you can get what you can afford"..... search as much as you can before makinga purchase

I started saving for retirement right out of high school. I had a few years of wasteful living and then got right back on track. After I got married, my wife and I decided that we were going to live as wisely as possible. We have had no credit card debt for about 12 years, built our own house and have an incredibly low mortgage and saved for cars and paid cash, but on my truck did finance it for two years to take advantage of a 0% deal--BTW waste of time. We have managed to already have our retirement to the point where most look at theirs and and fear that day when they can no longer work. We have not been able to have children, thus have just, as Fred W put it, hobbies and charities to spend any disposable income on. My hobbies are more expensive than my wife's, so it all evens out. I and my wife have started loosening up and beginning to enjoy what we have. TWN's passing is a prime example of why.

Enjoy what you have today and enjoy the fact that you have earned every farkle you have. B) It is more satisifying that way.

If you're a teacher and you love to ride, consider becoming a MSF certified instructor. Not only will will you be able to teach something (else) that you love, but the extra income will buy a LOT of gas and farkles.

That's what I do. I'm a technical recruiter by day. I recruit chemical engineers. It pays very well, but I have two teenage daughters who do their best to spend whatever I don't :glare: Some of the benefits I've realized since becoming an instructor is A.) the vendor discounts can be spectacular and B.) the extra income pays for my fuel, oil changes and farkles :rolleyes:

Of course, as an alternative, you can be a mule for Silent :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
They told me that I was a police(sheriff) officer. But I really think that I am a babysiter for the general public. The money does not go as far as it used to as the wife has decided to go back to school this fall and winter.

No matter how much I make, and it has varied a lot at different times in my life, at the end of the month, after all the bills are paid, there's not much left. It's just a matter of prioritizing where the money goes. I used to spend my fun bucks on skiing, and then I got into shooting and spent a lot of money on guns and ammunition. The past few years most of my fun bucks were spent on motorcycling.

Like many others on the board, I am a computer nerd. Or is that geek? I dunno. I do something with computers and someone pays me for it. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I started saving for retirement right out of high school. I had a few years of wasteful living and then got right back on track. After I got married, my wife and I decided that we were going to live as wisely as possible. We have had no credit card debt for about 12 years, built our own house and have an incredibly low mortgage and saved for cars and paid cash, but on my truck did finance it for two years to take advantage of a 0% deal--BTW waste of time. We have managed to already have our retirement to the point where most look at theirs and and fear that day when they can no longer work. We have not been able to have children, thus have just, as Fred W put it, hobbies and charities to spend any disposable income on. My hobbies are more expensive than my wife's, so it all evens out. I and my wife have started loosening up and beginning to enjoy what we have. TWN's passing is a prime example of why.
Enjoy what you have today and enjoy the fact that you have earned every farkle you have. B) It is more satisifying that way.

You suck B) :p

No really! You suck. :p